Yosemite 10.10.3 Photos not found by Microsoft Office and drag and drop missing

Posted:
in Mac Software edited April 2015

I have installed the new Yosemite 10.10.3 release with Photos and now cannot use drag and drop to MS Word or Powerpoint. Neither of the MS Office apps can see the photos library, it is greyed out. I have verified and repaired my main disc and permissions plus re-installed the MS Office suite, all to no avail. I can work around the problem by opening Numbers and dragging and dropping from Photos into there then copying from Numbers and pasting to Word or Powerpoint, but I can't go directly from Photos to Word/Powerpoint. Has anyone else come across this problem, I have the problem on both my Macbook pro and iMac but fortunately not on my Macbook Air as I have not installed the 10.10.3 software and it is working fine as before.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1

Glad to find someone else who has discovered this issue. I only discovered it today. Have you worked out a fix? 

I have two workarounds:

- drag from Photos to the desktop, then from the desktop into Word/PP. For some reason that works where direct dragging doesn't.

- download the preview version of Office for Mac 2016. Drag and drop doesn't work there either, but the Photos library is visible in the 'Insert photo' dialog in this version where it isn't in Office 2011. The preview is free and works well: http://products.office.com/en-AU/mac/mac-preview