AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Watch shipments, 12" MacBook review, more

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2015
This week's all-new AppleInsider podcast is now available with detailed analysis of this week's news, including Apple Watch shipment notifications, our review of the 12-inch MacBook with Retina display, new iPod touch rumors, leaked video of Angela Ahrendts explaining the Watch retail strategy, and more.

This week, AppleInsider staff members Neil Hughes, Mikey Campbell, Shane Cole, and Stephen Robles discuss the top stories:

Apple Watch begins shipping
Angela Ahrendts leaked internal video
12" MacBook with Retina review
iPod Touch refresh
Google's Project Fi
Public transit in Apple Maps
Nokia seeking HERE maps aquisition
Natalie Kerris and Randy Ubillos leave Apple

The show is available on Apple's iTunes. You can listen to the podcast and subscribe via this link:

You can also listen to it embedded via SoundCloud below:

Show note links:

Apple offers limited number of developers expedited Apple Watch shipping
Apple retail chief Ahrendts addresses Apple Watch, 12" MacBook availability issues in internal video
Apple confirms some Apple Watch orders shipping out earlier than estimated
Apple says working on Apple Watch preorders in email to early-bird customers
Select boutique outlets to have Apple Watch stock for sale on April 24
Review: Apple's all-new 12" MacBook with Retina display
Google announces 'Project Fi' mobile phone network for Nexus 6 owners
Apple's dwindling iPod lineup to see long-awaited refresh this year
Apple job listing confirms plans to bring public transit info to its Maps service
Apple being wooed by Nokia for $3.2B HERE mapping acquisition, report says
Longtime Apple PR director Natalie Kerris announces retirement
Final Cut creator Randy Ubillos leaves Apple after 20 years

Follow our hosts on Twitter: @thisisneil, @mikeycampbell81, Shane Cole, and @stephenrobles

We'd appreciate your feedback and comments, as well as any questions that we can answer on future episodes. Send your responses to the AppleInsider Podcast at [email protected] or follow or tweet at us @appleinsider.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    deh2kdeh2k Posts: 7member
    If Magsafe is so important for the MacBook, why have I not heard any complaints about the Lightning connector on iPads? My theory is that Apple intends for the MacBook to be mostly used with battery power like an iPad, and charged up at night or some other time when it's unused.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    stephenroblesstephenrobles Posts: 91member, moderator, editor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by deh2k View Post

If Magsafe is so important for the MacBook, why have I not heard any complaints about the Lightning connector on iPads? My theory is that Apple intends for the MacBook to be mostly used with battery power like an iPad, and charged up at night or some other time when it's unused.

I agree. Though if you're a student writing a paper late into the night and your roommate trips on the charging cable, that MacBook is gone.

• Reply 3 of 3
    Re: new MacBook. Yes, you need the adaptor to do some things (non-wireless camera to MacBook), but iPhone to iCloud back to MacBook works). I bought mine with two adaptors and I'm having no problems. Look, even with a bunch of ports, you still need the appropriate cables, so you will have cables anyway, unless you go totally wireless. I backup to TimeMachine wirelessly, although this is too slow for the first backup, so I also backup to a USB 3.0 external disk using an adaptor.