Where's higher dividends Apple ???

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited April 2015

$194B! Apple's cash pile hits record

5 cents increase on dividends….an  insult to shareholders who started with Apple when they were financially in trouble.

Time to share a lot more than five cents on dividends with so much cash on hand!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dmfett View Post

$194B! Apple's cash pile hits record

5 cents increase on dividends….an  insult to shareholders who started with Apple when they were financially in trouble.

Time to share a lot more than five cents on dividends with so much cash on hand!

Are you kidding?  Shareholders who started with Apple when they were financially in trouble have been rewarded with stock growth of approaching 25000%.  Just sell some stock if you want to convert to cash.

• Reply 2 of 16
    dmfettdmfett Posts: 141member

Seriously, I'm not kidding, apparently other people feel the same way that I do. Check this out if you don't believe me.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3110136-why-apples-dividend-increase-is-a-disappointment

• Reply 3 of 16
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    dmfett wrote: »
     Seriously, I'm not kidding, apparently other people feel the same way that I do. Check this out if you don't believe me.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3110136-why-apples-dividend-increase-is-a-disappointment

Frankly, I'd rather Apple ended the dividend.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Why ?
  • Reply 5 of 16
    I bet you do not own it.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Why ?

A dividend encourages drive-by investing, not long-term buy and hold behavior. Additionally, Apple could use the money wasted on dividends to buy back their own stock.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    You may be right, however you have to remember we're talking about Apple. No matter how much money Apple makes the investors on Wall Street will always say it's not enough and not allow Apple stock prices to grow to what it really should be on the stock exchange.

Just look at yesterday we had a record-breaking Apple profit-taking and yet the stock went down $2.05 a share.

So the only way investors are going to make any money since Wall Street will never let Apple grow to its entire potential per-share price is to make the dividends go up even higher than that. Otherwise apples a bad investment. And I don't believe that at all.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    You may be right, however you have to remember we're talking about Apple. No matter how much money Apple makes the investors on Wall Street will always say it's not enough and not allow Apple stock prices to grow to what it really should be on the stock exchange.

Just look at yesterday we had a record-breaking Apple profit-taking and yet the stock went down $2.05 a share.

So the only way investors are going to make any money since Wall Street will never let Apple grow to its entire potential per-share price is to make the dividends go up even higher than that. Otherwise apples a bad investment. And I don't believe that at all.

AAPL remains a solid long term investment. I don't care what affect inter day volatility has on day traders.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    You are right, however I along with many people want to see the dividends higher because as far as I'm concerned Apple stock will never reach its potential as far as Wall Street goes there for dividends must be higher. I guess that's all I have to say on the subject.

I know what apples potential is, unfortunately the people who believe in Apple need to be compensated for that risk that they take Supporting Apple by way of dividends.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. And I guess it doesn't matter what either one of us feel apples going to do what they want to do, they always do. And Wall Street always does what they want to do.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    You are right, however I along with many people want to see the dividends higher because as far as I'm concerned Apple stock will never reach its potential as far as Wall Street goes there for dividends must be higher. I guess that's all I have to say on the subject.

I know what apples potential is, unfortunately the people who believe in Apple need to be compensated for that risk that they take Supporting Apple by way of dividends.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. And I guess it doesn't matter what either one of us feel apples going to do what they want to do, they always do. And Wall Street always does what they want to do.

Apple stock still grows 30-40% per year, so I'm not convinced a dividend is needed.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    What confuses me is why are you so dead against dividends. Those are a benefit to us in addition to what the stock is worth. I may not be as smart as you but having a little extra income four times a year isn't bad.

Many people don't want to play the Byselle game. They want to set and get something back for their investment and that is called the dividend that's the way I understand it.

Perhaps you work for Apple and if that's the case I understand.

Apple stock is worth more than 30 to 40%. Growth a year. That's my unprofessional opinion.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    What confuses me is why are you so dead against dividends. Those are a benefit to us in addition to what the stock is worth. I may not be as smart as you but having a little extra income four times a year isn't bad.

Many people don't want to play the Byselle game. They want to set and get something back for their investment and that is called the dividend that's the way I understand it.

Perhaps you work for Apple and if that's the case I understand.

Apple stock is worth more than 30 to 40%. Growth a year. That's my unprofessional opinion.

Dividends are just wasted potential, that's why I'm against them. They're because a company has no other way to attract investors, which is not the case with Apple. They are still growing like a startup and that is just astounding.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    dividends are not a wasteful potential for people like me. They are what we call income for us to live on.

Apple stocks never going to get up to what it really should be per-share.

So I suppose everybody who has stocks who get dividends shouldn't get them accordingly to what you're saying. Then what's the point of investing in a stock. How do you make money on it unless. you buy and trade all the time. People don't always do that.

I guess that's why I'm not a traitor.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

A dividend encourages drive-by investing, not long-term buy and hold behavior. Additionally, Apple could use the money wasted on dividends to buy back their own stock.

Nonsense.  Dividends attract long term investors who desire a steady, predictable return on their investment.  Institutional investors who stick around for the long term far favour those stocks that pay a substantial dividend.

Apple buying back their own stock does not benefit Apple, it only benefits those stockholders left, on the assumption that Apple is undervalued.

• Reply 15 of 16

At last, someone who agrees with me. I didn't think I was lone person in this world on this subject.

Way to go Crowley,  I agree with you 100% and I could have not said it any better than you.

• Reply 16 of 16

I don't agree with you, I said that in my first post.  Apple increased it's dividend by 10%, which is perfectly fine, and certainly not an insult to shareholders, who are still seeing significant growth in the value of the stock.