Apple challenges Google with growing Web search program, fueled by Topsy acquisition

Comments

• Reply 41 of 95
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gtr wrote: »
    Interesting use of the words 'Apple users' and 'They' as opposed to 'we'.

I can't help but be curious about why someone who doesn't own Apple products would spend so much time posting 12,000 posts on an Apple enthusiast website...
    No need to worry yourself. I'm fine with it. ;)
  • Reply 42 of 95
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    No need to worry yourself. I'm fine with it. ;)

I notice you didn't deny that.

So, if you don't own any Apple products why spend so much time here?

Looking for ideas for Google's next big money-maker?

????
  • Reply 43 of 95
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member

I can't help but be curious about why someone who doesn't own Apple products would spend so much time posting 12,000 posts on an Apple enthusiast website...

Paid troll or in need of help I'd suggest.
  • Reply 44 of 95
    usb-usb- Posts: 22member

I'm perfectly happy with Bing tbh, whether on Microsoft devices or Apple ones

• Reply 45 of 95
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

If Apple wants to succeed in search, they need to take it very seriously. Unfortunately, the way search works in Maps is still a catastrophe. Typing the name of one of the biggest towns in my country shows me a store a hundred miles from here named as the city. On the other hand, asking for a store close-by will often show me all the stores of the chain in a huge area but not the store I am looking for. So I'm not sure I can trust Apple for this. 

Microsoft tried to play this game and failed, bing just can't compete, and it still looks horrible after all these years.

DuckDuckGo looks very nice and works better than Bing, but it's still not as good as Google Search.

Let not even talk about Yahoo...

I really wish Apple would create a search engine, a real one not just something included in Siri and Spotlight, because why limit it that way? The more users the better it becomes.

• Reply 46 of 95
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

No need to get personal. This forum is for everyone.

• Reply 47 of 95
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

At least today one could argue there is a reason for the volatility with Janet Yellen saying equities might be overvalued. There was zero rational IMO after earnings release. I'll bet Apple was the only company this quarter to beat on the top and bottom, beat on EPS and gross margins, increase dividends and stock buyback, provide bullish guidance for next quarter and have their stock drop 2% the next day.

That's why I'm pissed. Wall Street uses every stupid reason to hold down AAPL price...from the Large Number rule to tough future earnings because they perform so well currently. 

• Reply 48 of 95
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

That'd be a damn good guess.

Imagine what Google could have achieved with the time it takes to make 12,000 posts?

Hell, with that amount of effort, they could have actually got Google Glasses right!

;) 

• Reply 49 of 95
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Of course, it is.

But there's no harm in bringing to people's attention a poster's possible motivations, right?

I mean, in the interest of 'bringing the truth' to everybody.

;) 

• Reply 50 of 95
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    pfisher wrote: »
    Apple is becoming all things to all people? Jack of all trades?

wait -- did i miss the press release where they confirmed theyre going into search?
  • Reply 51 of 95
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    That'd be a damn good guess.

Imagine what Google could have achieved with the time it takes to make 12,000 posts?

Hell, with that amount of effort, they could have actually got Google Glasses right!

;)  

To damn right!

The trolls that are rude and obnoxious are almost more tolerable than his incessant and obsequious persistence in appearing part of AI when all he does is find every way to try to poison any post he can.
  • Reply 52 of 95
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    fallenjt wrote: »
    Wall Street uses every stupid reason to hold down AAPL price
    Most valuable publicly traded company in the world is being "held down".

Something wrong with that sentence.
  • Reply 53 of 95
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    I switched my default search in my iOS devices to DuckDuckGo back when I first got my iPhone 6 and haven't looked back. Not to be flooded with a bunch of worthless paid ad's all over the search results. Which may look like a lot, but is really mostly crap. Give me less stuff, but the stuff I'm looking for.

I can't get 100% away from Google because of email, but I can limit it.
  • Reply 54 of 95
    pistispistis Posts: 247member

Perhaps he is in love but won't ever get down on one knee and propose?
  • Reply 55 of 95
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pistis View Post

Perhaps he is in love but won't ever propose?

LOL!

And who could blame him for being in love with Apple products?

• Reply 56 of 95
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    What would you know about what Apple users want?

Where else but the comments section on Al? :lol:
  • Reply 57 of 95
    I notice you didn't deny that.

So, if you don't own any Apple products why spend so much time here?

Looking for ideas for Google's next big money-maker?

????
    I still have an iPod rattling around here somewhere. I noticed my son had it out a few weeks back and had considered using it. I suppose nothing is really lost when it's in a teenagers room. Just can't find it. Still have a Mac put up in the print room at my business too. So yeah I do have some Apple products if it matters to you. . .

which I suspect it does not.
  • Reply 58 of 95
    Of course, it is.

But there's no harm in bringing to people's attention a posters possible motivations, right?

I mean, in the interest of 'bringing the truth' to everybody.

;)
    I completely understand your motivation in trying to get my attention. We're good.
  • Reply 59 of 95
    clemynx wrote: »

Don't worry about it. I've learned to ignore him. It's become a broken record and not worth the effort or aggravation to engage.
  • Reply 60 of 95
    Despite the fact that I've been receiving AppleInsider notifications via mail for years, here's what happened when I received Gatorguy's:

Even my computer thinks his posts are junk.