Wish Apple TV would localise.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited May 2015

Apple TV is sold internationally, but many of the channels being added are only of marginal interest to viewers outside the U.S.

I don't even know if licensing would permit anybody this side of the pond to subscribe to the American sports channels, but please believe they are about as relevant to most Brits (and probably most Europeans) as a dedicated Cricket or Premier League Football channel would be in the States.

However over here every 'Smart TV', tablet, phone and games console has TV catch-up services such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, More 4, Demand 5. These are free, so no subscription needed and directly accessible from a computer over the web, so really all that is required is to provide a link to the content. it would seem to be a no brainer to include them and as an Apple TV user its a killer to feel that my machine offers an inferior line-up to the other products on the market.

Of course as I have iPhone and Airplay I can stream content that way, or over my Sky Satellite subscription or via my internet provider, but this only serves to underline the deficiency in my poor little Apple Box. I'm really just using it for Netflix and You Tube at the moment with a very occasional film rental. Come on Apple, try harder.