Flashes on nVidia card, not exclusive to Mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Many users (including myself) have experienced a lot of annoying screen flash with their (my) nVidia GeForce 4MX card in the "slow silver" towers.

Well. My dual athlon just got a plain version of GeForce 4MX card to replace the GeForce 2 MX card.

Guess what? That card ALSO has the same screen flash.

I guess this is pretty much the defective MX chip across the board.

I am going to keep the card until Monday. If the flash gets worse I will return it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ipadipad Posts: 18member
    You actually bought a Geforce 4 MX for your PC?

*goes to corner to laugh*

[ 05-10-2002: Message edited by: iPad ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Yeah, for $160, you can get a Radeon 8500 ofr your PC...

And your Mac apparently...with the firmware updater ATI posted for the Mac Edition, it supposedly works with the PC version!

If I had known, I wouldn't have sent my GeForce4 MX to ATI for the $150 credit...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I want to play it safe. I would rather trade the GE4MX card in order to get the Mac version for the same price as the PC one.

The ROM flashing is just happening and I am not willing to "risk". Time and my projects are far more important than having both the Radeon card and GeForce available to my Mac.

By the way.....after the trade up the Radeon is still cheaper than buying the brand new PC version of the same card

In Vancouver, the Mac cards sells for $449 CDN while the PC version sells for $340 CDN

[ 05-11-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 5
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Funny thing is I actually forgot about the problem....hasnt been happening at all. Anywayz Im wondering if I should get a PC Radeon 8500...I found on pricewatch a low price of $111 with shipping.I've heard it's the older BIOS that's the same, so Im hesitant about trying a 128 MB card. Hmm.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Funny thing is I actually forgot about the problem....hasnt been happening at all. Anywayz Im wondering if I should get a PC Radeon 8500...I found on pricewatch a low price of $111 with shipping.I've heard it's the older BIOS that's the same, so Im hesitant about trying a 128 MB card. Hmm.