Shipping times for 38MM Apple Watches improve to 5-7 business days ahead of retail debut

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited June 2015
With Apple expected to open retail sales of the Watch in the near future --?possibly as soon as next week --?shipping times for 38-millimeter models have improved considerably, dropping to as little as 5 business days.

The new shipping times apply to every 38-millimeter Apple Watch Sport and most stainless steel versions --?including the space gray and space black models. The lone exception is the 38-millimeter stainless steel Watch with a modern buckle, which is listed at 1-2 weeks.

Most 42-millimeter models remain at 2-3 weeks, a significant improvement from where they were at launch, when some took up to 8 weeks to ship. Apple Watch Edition also holds steady at 2-3 weeks.

The rumor mill has begun to churn in recent days with word that Apple could open Watch sales in its brick-and-mortar outlets as soon as next week. Chinese site Feng.com notes that the retail debut could come on June 8, following Apple's WWDC keynote.

Retail sales will reportedly carry some restrictions, with walk-in sales discouraged. Consumers will be able to reserve the Watch of their choice through Apple's website each day beginning at 8:00 a.m., a practice that the company has used often for iPhone launches in China.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    Oh, how I wish for it to be available in Sweden as walk in as well. I can't wait to get my hands on it! I guess we'll get any news on monday.
  • Reply 2 of 32
    My wife's 38 mm Apple Watch Sport with pink band says it'll ship in 1-2 weeks but if I buy one today it'll ship in 5-7 business days... "Everyone come get in line in front of me! I've only been waiting since the beginning of May."
  • Reply 3 of 32
    nucci21nucci21 Posts: 3member
    I technically purchased the first Apple Watch in the world in an Apple Store last night!
  • Reply 4 of 32
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,753member
    My wife's 38 mm Apple Watch Sport with pink band says it'll ship in 1-2 weeks but if I buy one today it'll ship in 5-7 business days... "Everyone come get in line in front of me! I've only been waiting since the beginning of May."

I had a similar thing, my order said 3-4 weeks and then in the Apple Store app new orders were showing 1-2 weeks, so I cancelled and re-ordered, and the watch turned up 3 days later.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    So I canceled and place another order. Now my wife's watch is shipping in 5-7 business days, expected to deliver June 17-19 and my space gray Apple Watch Sport is to ship in 9-11 business days, expected delivery June 16-18.

Somebody can't count...

I just want a damn watch, come on...
  • Reply 6 of 32
    nucci21nucci21 Posts: 3member

I bought an Apple Watch in the Apple Store last night! Technically I was the first person in the world to do so. Retail launch is imminent. 

• Reply 7 of 32
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    elijahg wrote: »
    I had a similar thing, my order said 3-4 weeks and then in the Apple Store app new orders were showing 1-2 weeks, so I cancelled and re-ordered, and the watch turned up 3 days later.

so did one of ours, but heres the thing -- they shipped it weeks early than listed. the time between the status update and delivery was 48 hours. so id bet yours would have showed up anyway even if you hadnt canceled.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    Just in case anybody hasn't figured this out already, the whole ordering process is a racket.

I hope all the pop culture "icons" get theirs to keep building hype. Such a sorry move on Apple's part. Once I saw Beyonce and Pharrell with them, I kinda wanted to cancel.

Now I'm thinking about pulling the plug altogether because they can't ship them in the order received.

I'm afraid its going to be just as disappointing upon arrival since the wait has gone on so long. It can hardly live up to the hype at this point.
  • Reply 9 of 32
    roakeroake Posts: 809member
    I ordered a 42mm watch about 10 days ago. Initial shipping estimate was mid-July, but now says delivery will be early/mid June.
  • Reply 10 of 32
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,631member

Where's my Space Black 42mm, Apple?  Ordered May 9 (no, not April 10) and it says Delivers 7-14 July.  Still processing.

• Reply 11 of 32
    Finally fed up enough to cancel both watches. Failed launch. Totally disappointed and afraid I can't be positive about the hardware at this point.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    Cue people who would never buy the Watch using this as proof of Apple's doomage.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Just in case anybody hasn't figured this out already, the whole ordering process is a racket.

I hope all the pop culture "icons" get theirs to keep building hype. Such a sorry move on Apple's part. Once I saw Beyonce and Pharrell with them, I kinda wanted to cancel.

Now I'm thinking about pulling the plug altogether because they can't ship them in the order received.

I'm afraid its going to be just as disappointing upon arrival since the wait has gone on so long. It can hardly live up to the hype at this point.

it's not a racket -- Cook said theyll fulfill in FIFO fashion, i have no reason to doubt that. both of ours shipped weeks earlier than estimated, meeting their obligation and before retail availability.

im sure yours will as well.

but if celebrities and pent up demand upset you, the problem may lie with your own expectations for the device, not apple's.
  • Reply 14 of 32
    eriamjh wrote: »
    Where's my Space Black 42mm, Apple?  Ordered May 9 (no, not April 10) and it says Delivers 7-14 July.  Still processing.

status will remain "processing" until it goes "preparing for shipment", then shipped, then delivered. it all happens within the last 48 hours.
  • Reply 15 of 32

I'm glad you have this all under control NolaMacGuy. Please tell me what else I'm doing wrong in my life. 

• Reply 16 of 32
    Finally fed up enough to cancel both watches. Failed launch. Totally disappointed and afraid I can't be positive about the hardware at this point.

the launch isnt a failure. millions sold and an overnight multi-billion-dollar business. acting like an impatient child ("I want it noooowwww") doesnt change that.

read about all the challenges of launching an incredibly small computer w/ super exacting standards for the first time in human history right here:

http://carlhowe.com/blog/apple-watch-an-overnight-multi-billion-dollar-business/
  • Reply 17 of 32

Suddenly Newton, if you saw my collection of Apple products you wouldn't talk shit like this. Get over yourself.

• Reply 18 of 32

I'm glad you have this all under control NolaMacGuy. Please tell me what else I'm doing wrong in my life. 

hey i just call it like i see it. if youre going to throw a temper tantrum about not being among the first to order, thats your problem, bud.

tell me how else life is failing you and we can go over that, too.
  • Reply 19 of 32

Go on Nola, please keep insulting me. Its gotta make you feel better.

• Reply 20 of 32

Suddenly Newton, if you saw my collection of Apple products you wouldn't talk shit like this. Get over yourself.

if you were remotely self-aware youd realize "I own Apple products" is a common troll meme.