Apple shares four new 'Shot on iPhone 6' videos to World Gallery

Posted:
in iPhone edited June 2015
Continuing its camera-focused iPhone 6 ad campaign, Apple added four new user films to the "Shot on iPhone 6" webpage on Monday, highlighting the handset's ability to capture stunning high contrast images.

Like the first films posted to Apple's World Gallery earlier in June, today's clips run about 15 seconds each and feature iPhone 6 capabilities like 240fps slow-motion video capture and class-leading low-light performance.

One of the more entrancing videos was shot by Herbert S., who captured what appears to be an undulating flock of birds or bats at dusk. A super smooth time lapse clip from Trond K. shows foreboding clouds march over snow-covered mountains, while Andy H. framed a slo-mo video of skateboarders' shadows against a concrete backdrop.

As with past Apple promo videos, each clip is accompanied by its own backing track, in many cases soothing low-key tunes such as "Animal" by The Acid and "Murakami" by Made In Heights.

While many photos and video on Apple's World Gallery were shot without external equipment, those that did use aftermarket hardware are denoted in commercial notes or Apple's website. In the case of Apple's iPhone 6 films, a small "For films, Apple tags on "Additional equipment used" at the end of the ad.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Pretty cool videos.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

I always like Apple’s advertising because they concentrate on what their products can do for you, how their products can make your life a bit easier. They typically don’t say anything about competitors, and they don’t trumpet technical specs like they are some touchstone for making a buying decision. 

• Reply 3 of 15
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

I always like Apple’s advertising because they .....typically don’t say anything about competitors...

Yeah, like  in 'I am a Mac & I am a PC' advertisement - nothing about the competition.

Or in 1984 - nothing about IBM.

I also like this about Apple. ;)

• Reply 4 of 15
    jason98jason98 Posts: 768member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Urahara View Post

Yeah, like  in 'I am a Mac & I am a PC' advertisement - nothing about the competition.

That was long ago anyways. Apple is not focusing on completion in their ads anymore, needless to say about bashing.

I wonder how many customers Samsung has lost overnight by releasing their "sheep" commercial. At least this brand does not exists for me anymore (not just phones but TVs, appliances, and everything else they produce)

• Reply 5 of 15
    nkingmannkingman Posts: 44member

Shouldn't it be "shot with iPhone," instead of "on"? But I like "filmed with iPhone" better.

• Reply 6 of 15
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    urahara wrote: »

He dd say typically as in he knows Apple has done it in the past, which is behind us
  • Reply 7 of 15

People seriously need to get over the "I'm A Mac, I'm A PC" campaign. 

• Reply 8 of 15
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

That was long ago anyways. Apple is not focusing on completion in their ads anymore, needless to say about bashing.

I wonder how many customers Samsung has lost overnight by releasing their "ship" commercial. At least this brand does not exists for me anymore (not just phones but TVs, appliances, and everything else they produce)

I guess you know zero about Samsung stating this dumb remark of yours.Samsung could care less if you have their products or not!

• Reply 9 of 15
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

I guess you know zero about Samsung stating this dumb remark of yours.Samsung could care less if you have their products or not!

I'm sure the opposite is the case. 

Samsung has been bleeding profits like crazy; they're rather desperately trying to figure out what it takes to get people to buy their high-margin products. 

Oh, they care.

• Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

People seriously need to get over the "I'm A Mac, I'm A PC" campaign. 

Why do someone needs to 'get over'? I already feel happy!

It's funny, seriously; seriously funny.

I loved it!

Apple's 2006 to 2009 advertisement campaign is brilliant, don't you think so?

• Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by idrey View Post

He dd say typically as in he knows Apple has done it in the past, which is behind us

You are absolutely right.

The past is behind us.

• Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Urahara View Post

Why do someone needs to 'get over'? I already feel happy!

It's funny, seriously; seriously funny.

I loved it!

Apple's 2006 to 2009 advertisement campaign is brilliant, don't you think so?

Oh no, I really loved it. I recently had a marathon session watching all of them. 

What I meant was that people should stop dragging out this campaign every time there is a discussion about Apple's new ads and how they do not blatantly lampoon competitors, unlike Samsung or Microsoft. 

The ads are over 6 years old and Apple has moved on. If trolls wheel this out as exhibit A whenever we mention an Apple campaign not taking potshots at competitors, then the trolls have to admit that the competitors who do it now are really 6 years behind Apple.

• Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

Oh no, I really loved it. I recently had a marathon session watching all of them. 

What I meant was that people should stop dragging out this campaign every time there is a discussion about Apple's new ads and how they do not blatantly lampoon competitors, unlike Samsung or Microsoft. 

The ads are over 6 years old and Apple has moved on. If trolls wheel this out as exhibit A whenever we mention an Apple campaign not taking potshots at competitors, then the trolls have to admit that the competitors who do it now are really 6 years behind Apple.

You are right. We need to  focus on the current landscape. And the current things we love (and hate) Apple for.

• Reply 14 of 15

Thank you for posting!  We are so thrilled to have our new single featured in the "Shot on iphone 6 by Herbert S" commercial.  Michael Gordon's "Gene Takes a Drink" is the title of our new single and can be found here at our itunes page: http://apple.co/1HjwgVk.