Overseas Apple Watch shipping times improve as retail launch looms

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited June 2015
Apple Watch buyers outside the U.S. can now get their hands on one of the company's new wearable even faster than before, with the more diminutive 38-millimeter model shipping in as little as one day in a number of international markets.

Most 38-millimeter sport and stainless steel models claim lead times of just 1 to 3 business days in the U.K., France, Germany, Australia, Hong Kong, and Japan. The U.S., Canada and China remain stuck at 5 to 7 business days.

Models that ship with the modern buckle also sit at the higher lead time, while most 42-millimeter versions are down to 1 to 2 weeks. Apple Watch Edition remains at a minimum of 2 weeks around the globe.

Shipping times continue to fall as Apple catches up with demand and prepares for the Watch's retail launch, halving in the last two weeks alone.

While Apple has pegged June 26 as the formal brick-and-mortar debut for the Watch, there are signs suggesting it may arrive even earlier in some locations. Some U.S. Apple Stores are said to be receiving stock already, according to BGR, and could open personal pickup for online purchases as soon as Wednesday.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Who would've thought AI is quoting BGR.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    baz1536baz1536 Posts: 29member
    I ordered a 42mm white sport on Sunday in the UK. Quoted 1-2 weeks. It was actually despatch Monday from China and will arrive Thursday. Definitely improving.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    boozerboozer Posts: 19member

After 7 weeks of waiting for my watch, I made an appointment at the Apple Store in Soho (NYC). I'm glad I did because I had a very negative reaction to the Apple Watch as soon as the salesperson put one on my wrist. If you do not currently wear a watch or have not in some time, you may have a similar reaction to mine. It was not necessarily heavy but you are certainly very aware of having this large thing stuck on your body. I played around with the store's display model for a little time but again thought is there anything that this device (in its current version) brings to my life that my iPhone doesn't already? I urge anyone that is not a diehard tech person, then again why would you be on Appleinsider, to try one of these on, take a day to think about it and then make a decision if this device is for you. 

• Reply 4 of 8
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member

I'm super pissed at Apple today. My watch was mean't to arrive tomorrow, but now it's been cancelled and have to re-order and "get to the back of the queue" again.

I lost my wallet weeks ago, replaced my cards, and updated my primary card details at the app store immediately. Then waited and waited, now today they cancel the order without a phone call or warning email, or any way whatsoever to re-oder the item without going to the back of the queue. Grrrrrr

A bit of flexibility in this circumstance would be gratefully appreciated, I'm mean't to start working on a new watch app tomorrow and now I have to sit twiddling my thumbs.

• Reply 5 of 8
    lymflymf Posts: 65member
    I'm super pissed at Apple today. My watch was mean't to arrive tomorrow, but now it's been cancelled and have to re-order and "get to the back of the queue" again.
    I lost my wallet weeks ago, replaced my cards, and updated my primary card details at the app store immediately. Then waited and waited, now today they cancel the order without a phone call or warning email, or any way whatsoever to re-oder the item without going to the back of the queue. Grrrrrr

A bit of flexibility in this circumstance would be gratefully appreciated, I'm mean't to start working on a new watch app tomorrow and now I have to sit twiddling my thumbs.
    Maybe you could have called them? when you order you have to put your credit card information, it's not linked to the iTunes Store
  • Reply 6 of 8
    baz1536baz1536 Posts: 29member
    I ordered a 42mm white sport in Sunday for UK delivery. It showed delivery 1-2 weeks. It was despatched on Monday from China and should arrived Thursday. It's not taking long to deliver at the moment.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    tomhayestomhayes Posts: 128member

worng ost, edit

• Reply 8 of 8
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lymf View Post

Maybe you could have called them? when you order you have to put your credit card information, it's not linked to the iTunes Store

I changed card details at https://www.apple.com/uk/ which is where I bought it, plus I phoned them three times and sent an email. But no luck.