Gold Plate Apple Watch or Not?

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited June 2015

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to seek your advice as to whether to gold plate my Apple Watch or not. I've just got a brand new Apple Watch Stainless Steel with White Sport band. 

There are many pros and cons to do so. 

PROS 

• Much better design, especially, 18K rose gold looks like an original Apple Watch Edition. 

• There's no need to expend $17,000 on an original Apple Watch, whilst you just spend a couple of hundreds on gold plating service. In the end you get the same result. 

• Eye-catchy and showing your style. 

• You can replace your original bands with bands produced by third parties. Although this industry is still emerging, there are good examples on the market already. 

• Traditional watches industry is being diminished on arrival of Apple into the market. I can choose gold plated watch and still be on the edge of technological breakthrough. I do not need expensive Rolex.

CONS - Apple warranty will likely be void if a third party interferes and modifies an Apple Watch. - Certain societies will not accept such gold plated watches and consider them as vulgar. People will think that a person just shows off his watch. 

Apple Watches gold plating services abound. In California, there are at least two or three major companies: www.wachplate.comwww.igoldplate.com. Any recommendations for other good gold plating services? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1

If you see it as a jewelry, then you can buy it if you can afford. But when you try to sell it again when bored to use, it lost a lot.