Free Macs?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
OK. so in the past 3 hours, i've gotten 2, count em, 2 emails offering free macs if i do something. the first was from macromedia telling me about some contest they have in which i could win an imac, and the second was from fontshop telling me that if i buy something like $6000 worth of fonts, i would get a free ibook.

what's up with this?

is it a coincidence?

or is apple giving people bunches of computers to give away?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    digixdigix Posts: 109member
    Either it's somekind of promotion, or you have been sent a owrthles junkmail.

It's best to contact Macromedia or Fontshop to see if they're doing this thing for real.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    [quote]Originally posted by digix:

<strong>Either it's somekind of promotion, or you have been sent a owrthles junkmail.

It's best to contact Macromedia or Fontshop to see if they're doing this thing for real.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I know that they are real because I am a regular customer of both companies, and regularly recieve emails from them. Furthermore, both promotions are referenced on the websites of the companies. I was more curious as to whether it was just a conincidene that two completely different companies would both have a free mac promotion, or if apple is giving products to companies to use in promotions like this.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Apple wouldn't be giving them the hardware. The companies are doing it on their own inititiative.