Recut television trailer shows more of Michael Fassbender as Steve Jobs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2015
A new one minute trailer for Aaron Sorkin and Danny Boyle's upcoming "Steve Jobs" film has hit American airwaves, providing eager viewers with another glimpse of Michael Fassbender in his role as Apple's mercurial cofounder.

The new trailer shows different cuts of many of the same scenes previewed in July. It opens with the original Mac introduction and closes on a later event toward the end of Jobs's second tenure at Apple.

Also shown are co-stars Seth Rogen, Jeff Daniels, and Kate Winslet. Rogen plays Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak, Daniels stars as former Apple CEO John Sculley, and Winslet portrays ex-Mac marketing chief Joanna Hoffman.

The script, penned by The West Wing's Aaron Sorkin, is based on Walter Isaacson's biography of Jobs. Isaacson was personally selected by Jobs for the task, though many close to Jobs have taken issue with Isaacson's book since Jobs's death.

Directing duties fall to Slumdog Millionaire's Danny Boyle. The film will hit theatres on Oct. 9.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Clearly this is all Sorkin's fantasy drama.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Knew Steve Jobs personally, did you?

• Reply 3 of 31
    I think I'll wait for the opera version...
  • Reply 4 of 31
    I think I'll wait for the opera version...

I think I'll wait for the fourth-grade school play production version...
  • Reply 5 of 31

Pretty much. I'm sure this will just contribute to the load of crap people believe about Jobs now. Won't be surprised if Movie Jobs goes on some invented anti charity rant too, that's a common refrain now.
  • Reply 6 of 31
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Alternate title:

What if Steve Jobs lost his special brand of charisma and gained an Irish accent.

Looks terrible.
  • Reply 7 of 31
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

From the trailer it looks like it's 90 minutes of Steve Jobs being picked on by everyone from Woz to his own staff to the blooming fire marshal.

1/10. Don't pick on geniuses.

• Reply 8 of 31
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member

I don't think Cupertino will be big fans of this movie.

• Reply 9 of 31
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

Of course young Steve is going to be shown as arrogant. As is much of older Steve. He was. 

Provided the main story is told, however dramatic the additions ( rain in cupertino in late Spring?), I will be happy enough. 

• Reply 10 of 31
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

I'm a little uncomfortable with the notion the Jobs actually would have played the "changing the world" card

quite so readily...I'm sure he knew it, even felt that way, but to play it so readily as your answer to everything?

Can't believe he was that...tacky?  Insubstantial?  Doesn't ring true...but, I wasn't there, so...

• Reply 11 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I think I'll wait for the fourth-grade school play production version...

I want the Max Fischer version. He did a great Serpico.

• Reply 12 of 31
    I want the Max Fischer version. He did a great Serpico.

I want the finger puppet version.
  • Reply 13 of 31
    qvakqvak Posts: 86member

I can't get over how he looks nothing like Steve.

As much as I hated the Ashton Kutcher film, he was a dead-ringer for the real Jobs when he was portraying the post-beard era Steve.

• Reply 14 of 31
    qvakqvak Posts: 86member

Watched the trailer.... This reeks of hollywood overdramatization "YOUR DAUGHETR IS ON WELFARE BAWWWWWWW" "SHES NOT MY DAUGHTER"

And Seth Rogen as Woz? Groce.

Will watch it anyway, but so far it doesn't look like competition for Pirates of Silicon Valley

• Reply 15 of 31
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member

I'll wait for the Steve Jobs Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas. 

• Reply 16 of 31
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    "The fire marshall says we need to clear out."

"Well, tell them that we're in here changing the world."

That line made me cringe. Beginner Screenwriter Course 101 at USC Film School.
  • Reply 17 of 31
    jpellinojpellino Posts: 698member
    Why does this Steve Jobs look so much more like real John Sculley?
  • Reply 18 of 31
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

You're absolutely insane.  And let me say, I'll take what Aaron Sorkin writes over anyone on this site, including you.  Call me when you've written "Sports Night" and "The West Wing" and "The American President" and "Charlie Wilson's War" and "Moneyball"  and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" and "The Newsroom" and whatever else I'm forgetting.

Give me a freakin' break.  Every anonymous loser on the web thinks he is a perfect genius.  Get real.

• Reply 19 of 31
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    aaronj wrote: »

You're absolutely insane.  And let me say, I'll take what Aaron Sorkin writes over anyone on this site, including you.  Call me when you've written "Sports Night" and "The West Wing" and "The American President" and "Charlie Wilson's War" and "Moneyball"  and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" and "The Newsroom" and whatever else I'm forgetting.

Give me a freakin' break.  Every anonymous loser on the web thinks he is a perfect genius.  Get real.

I really don't get the Sorkin worship. I find his work wordy, preachy and obvious.
  • Reply 20 of 31
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

Or maybe he actually did say something that absurd... There are sure a lot of quotes saying over the top crap like that. Should they tone it done because reality seems unreal ;-).