German 'iPhone 6s' launch pegged for Sept. 18, in line with Apple's usual release schedule

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 2015
German carriers are reportedly preparing to launch Apple's next flagship handset -- typically known as the "iPhone 6s" -- on Sept. 18, a date in line with a rumored press event earlier in the month.

At least two out of three major German carriers are on board for Sept. 18, sources explained to Macerkopf. The two participating companies haven't been identified, but the German wireless market is controlled mostly by O2, Vodafone, and T-Mobile DE (owned by Deutsche Telekom). All three will likely be ready on the same day, since they already carry the iPhone 6.

Apple is expected to reveal at least two new iPhones -- including a so-called "6s Plus" -- on Sept. 9, and ship them later in the month. A Sept. 18 date would be consistent with the company's launch strategy in recent years, which has involved putting iPhones on sale the second Friday after their announcement.

Germany has long been one of Apple's first-tier launch countries. If the rumored launch date is accurate, that would therefore point to when the 6s will ship in other first-tier regions -- namely Australia, Canada, France, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, the U.K. and the U.S., with mainland China being a possibility.

Featurewise the device is rumored to have a Force Touch display, an "A9" processor, and 2 gigabytes of RAM. It should also have a 12-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing module, the former using Sony's RGBW technology to improve low-light shooting.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    come to papa
  • Reply 2 of 9
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member

Apple TV can be home entertaining living room HUB. One head with many hats. A easy to use streaming device, decent game console, Homekit based home appliances, gadgets, doors, security control device, quick internet browsing, etc.  I am sure Apple can do it if wants to.

• Reply 3 of 9
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    wood1208 wrote: »
    Apple TV can be home entertaining living room HUB. One head with many hats. A easy to use streaming device, decent game console, Homekit based home appliances, gadgets, doors, security control device, quick internet browsing, etc.  I am sure Apple can do it if wants to.
    but people use multiple ATV at home? Why would they want to pay so much for the second and third just for streaming programs? ATV as a hub is a very bad idea...I would rather think it'd be Airport Express to be a hub since you only need one for each household.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Looks like it's time to upgrade my 6plus before the one year warranty expires. Best way to always have warranty. Sell your old phone buy the new one. Cheaper then apple care
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Getting excited! iPhone 5 is ready for an upgrade! Hasn't been bad but looking for a lot of new features and I can finally afford more than 32gb.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInSD View Post

Getting excited! iPhone 5 is ready for an upgrade! Hasn't been bad but looking for a lot of new features and I can finally afford more than 32gb.

I just got a nice refurb iPhone 5. My original one had severe issues with calls so I paid to have it exchanged. The black iPhone 5 is really an amazing piece of work!

I'm actually using an iPhone 6+ but couldn't bear to have a non-working iPhone in the house!

• Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

I just got a nice refurb iPhone 5. My original one had severe issues with calls so I paid to have it exchanged. The black iPhone 5 is really an amazing piece of work!

I'm actually using an iPhone 6+ but couldn't bear to have a non-working iPhone in the house!

I had to have my original iPhone 5 replaced, became unresponsive and I couldn't wake it from sleep, plugging it in didn't work either. Luckily it was covered under the one year warranty. Just had my battery on my replacement iPhone 5 replaced. Still gonna keep this as a backup or let my son play games on it but seeing everyone I know with their newer iPhone 6 plus's makes me wanna upgrade. Can't wait to finally have the fingerprint scanner, bigger screen, hopefully more RAM, 64 bit, and whatever else has come out over the last 3 years.

• Reply 8 of 9
    It appears that after long being android-infested Apple is slowly making ground here :)
  • Reply 9 of 9
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInSD View Post

I had to have my original iPhone 5 replaced, became unresponsive and I couldn't wake it from sleep, plugging it in didn't work either. Luckily it was covered under the one year warranty. Just had my battery on my replacement iPhone 5 replaced. Still gonna keep this as a backup or let my son play games on it but seeing everyone I know with their newer iPhone 6 plus's makes me wanna upgrade. Can't wait to finally have the fingerprint scanner, bigger screen, hopefully more RAM, 64 bit, and whatever else has come out over the last 3 years.

More toys to play with .