Siri knows about Apple's new iPhone event on Sept. 9

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 2015
The invitations for Apple's upcoming Sept. 9 event were designed around Siri --? bearing what she would call "colorful wavey words" and the phrase "Hey Siri, give us a hint" -- and it turns out there's more to it than meets the eye, as the erstwhile digital assistant actually does drop some knowledge.

As is usually the case with Siri's canned replies, she can be a bit sassy when pumped for clues. "You're cute when you're desperate for information," she might say.

"You'll have to wait until September 9," begins another answer. "I bet you were one of those kids who snuck downstairs to open presents early, weren't you?"

"Look deep within yourself and you will find the answer," she says in a different quip. "Especially on September 9."

Elsewhere, Siri looks to Jay-Z for her lyrical inspiration: "Can you get a hint? No. You may, however, get a what what."

A full gallery of responses is embedded below.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29

Keep going; there’s a Christmas present one.

• Reply 2 of 29
    She also say "Why don't you check a rumours blog? That's what I do".

Classy!
  • Reply 3 of 29

I've got this answer:

You'll have to wait until September 9. I bet you were one of those kids who snuck downstairs to open presents early, weren't you?

• Reply 4 of 29
    Interesting it uses a non-Americanized spelling of "wavy" (or it may just be that it's misspelled).
  • Reply 5 of 29
    The 'colorful' wavy words are specific to the Apple Watch.
  • Reply 6 of 29
    The big surprise is... we are releasing iOS 9!!!
  • Reply 7 of 29
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    Let's hope we get a new SIRI with an actual AI engine without the useless childish replies.
  • Reply 8 of 29
    Really Know it all...childish? It's fun..lighten up a little
  • Reply 9 of 29
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Follow on of the decades long tradition in tech of "Easter Eggs".

Anyone ever see the inside of an original Mac casing?

• Reply 10 of 29
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I'm American and I spell wavy "wavy." So does Apple spellcheck.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    “‘It would be seamlessly synced with all of your devices and with iCloud.’ No longer would users have to fiddle with complex remotes for DVD players and cable channels. ‘It will have the simplest user interface you could imagine. I finally cracked it.’”
    - Steve Jobs

The specifics of the implementation, whether you'll speak to it from across the room or use your iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone or Apple Watch to speak to it will be one thing I'll be interested to see how they handle. Some of this has been attempted by Apple's competition since he spoke those words. Question is, was his vision more than the competition latched onto? Will we be surprised or will we simply say, "Oh, that's all it is? That's what everyone else is already doing."
  • Reply 12 of 29
    mnbob1mnbob1 Posts: 269member
    knowitall wrote: »
    Let's hope we get a new SIRI with an actual AI engine without the useless childish replies.

Lighten up. Go figure out how to divide 0 by 0 because you haven't realized you don't have any friends.
  • Reply 13 of 29
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by knowitall View Post

You'll have to admit that it is sort of a trick question to begin with which deserves a sarcastic response....unless, it is not a trick question because there is a specific location or real business nearby that has the word 'Hint' in it, which is the case here in SoCal where we get useful information and directions to said businesses. I think that qualifies as intelligence.

• Reply 14 of 29
    knowitall wrote: »

A sense of humor and actual AI engine are not mutually exclusive. You premise is a false dichotomy. Try again.
  • Reply 15 of 29
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CogitoDexter View Post

She also say "Why don't you check a rumours blog? That's what I do".

Classy!

That's the one I got.

• Reply 16 of 29
    jackansijackansi Posts: 116member

"Look deep within yourself and you will find the answer.  Especially on September 9."

• Reply 17 of 29
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... she can be a bit sassy ...

Ah yes.  I remember "sass."  She was popular was about 1 or 2 generations before "snark."

She was more creative and had an IQ about 30 points higher than "snark."

• Reply 18 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Follow on of the decades long tradition in tech of "Easter Eggs".

Anyone ever see the inside of an original Mac casing?

Jepp. Back then I enjoyed the hunt for easter eggs. Appears to have largely disappeared.

• Reply 19 of 29
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    You guys beat me to the lime one. I liked that one.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    sockrolid wrote: »
    Ah yes.  I remember "sass."  She was popular was about 1 or 2 generations before "snark."
    She was more creative and had an IQ about 30 points higher than "snark."

...and she could sing and dance... and was a sultry redhead to boot!