Danny Boyle's 'Steve Jobs' to make early showing at this weekend's Telluride festival

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2015
Although its official debut isn't scheduled until October, Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs biopic will make an early showing at this weekend's Telluride Film Festival in Colorado.

The festival will begin on Friday and run through Monday, noted Entertainment Weekly. The exact date of the Steve Jobs premiere hasn't been published, though the movie could be screened multiple times based on demand.

For people in Telluride, first ticket priority will go to passholders. Individual tickets may be available for $25 just prior to a showing.

The movie is one of the most anticipated about Jobs since the Apple co-founder's death in October 2011. It features an unusual script by Aaron Sorkin -- centered around three press events hosted by Jobs -- and stars Michael Fassbender in the lead role.

Numerous other A-list actors are also in the cast, including Seth Rogen as Steve Wozniak, Jeff Daniels as John Sculley, and Kate Winslet as former Mac marketing head Joanna Hoffman.

The film has had a difficult road. Christian Bale dropped out as the lead in November last year, and the movie changed hands from Sony to Universal Studios with Fassbender on board. Originally, The Social Network's David Fincher was tapped to be the director, but he allegedly pulled out of talks.

Steve Jobs should show at the New York Film Festival on Oct. 3 and reach the public on Oct. 9.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9

If this movie doesn't bomb, I will never again judge a movie before it's released.

• Reply 2 of 9

I have a feeling that movies such as this usually don't do well in theaters but over time become classics. It looks fairly interesting.

• Reply 3 of 9
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member

This dish has had a lot of cooks based on a book many found thin gruel in the first place... ...I know my expectations are low....

• Reply 4 of 9
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member

I have high expectations for this film only for the fact that Boyle is a very good Director. If you look at his past films, he is all over the map in regards to genre. I think that says a lot of good about a filmmaker, that they are willing to diversify. 

• Reply 5 of 9
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

It's also the closing film at the London Film Festival. I'm trying to get tickets but it's pretty difficult!

• Reply 6 of 9
    It'll be a movie that is really all about Sorkin with only a passing, fantasy world nod to Jobs.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member

Wish the makeup team could have at least changed his nose profile.

• Reply 8 of 9
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member

...but since he looks nothing like Steve Jobs, nobody will notice him.

• Reply 9 of 9
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    OT
    Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview was on TV the other night.
    If you haven't seen it before it's well worth a look - the man himself.