If possible, should "switcher" switch after Jaguar?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
After a week or so on this site and others I'm convinced that I'll get a Mac laptop (probably a 700 iBook 12" with extra ram.) I could possibly milk another couple months out of my failing Dell laptop if I just use it for internet while travelling. Should I hold off until Jaguar in September? What are the pros and cons?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    well, jaguar is software, so I wouldn't recommend holding out for it. You may wanna hold on till MWNY, b/c even if u dont get a new machine, the older 1s will prolly get a price drop. I think jaguar will be a buyin update, with some kidn of discount for OSX licensers. So, if u get a mac, it'll have x preloaded, and when jag comes you can update on the cheap. If by some weird turn of events it is a pay-for-full-os then you'll have to drop like a hundred dollars on it. but, in the mean time, you wont have to touch that ****en dell.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    snofsnof Posts: 98member
    If you're on a tight budget I would wait. I expect that Jaguar will cost money, although it's possible that they might announce something at MWNY to the effect of "if you buy a computer or OS X now we'll give you a free update to Jaguar." That would be nice of them. If spending an extra $50-$100 doesn't bother you, then by all means by the computer just after MWNY.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by Snof:

<strong>If you're on a tight budget I would wait. I expect that Jaguar will cost money, although it's possible that they might announce something at MWNY to the effect of "if you buy a computer or OS X now we'll give you a free update to Jaguar." That would be nice of them. If spending an extra $50-$100 doesn't bother you, then by all means by the computer just after MWNY.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I dunno. Stevo likes the NOW IT'S FREE speech. Like with OS 10.1. I had to buy an update CD for $20. Now it ships on all new computers. I thing Jag will be a freebie personally...