thinksecret predictions ?

nbdnbd
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
is <a href="http://www.thinksecret.com"; target="_blank">thinksecret.com</a> more reliable than other rumor-sites ?

is therefore its statement of "no new powermacs at MWNY" a fact ?

very interested in your opinions,

andreas

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    No and no.

It may end up being true that there are no new Macs, but thinksecret is not 100% reliable (nr are any of the other rumor sites).
  • Reply 2 of 5
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    I wouldn't really believe anything that ANY rumor site says. Thinksecret is (I think) more reliable than most sites (especially MOSR), but it is still a rumor site.

On the other hand, Cnet just posted a story that says the same thing. Historically, Cnet has been on the money. They lend themselves to credibility since they aren't a rumor site. Here's the article.

<a href="http://news.com.com/2100-1040-942608.html"; target="_blank">http://news.com.com/2100-1040-942608.html</a>;
  • Reply 3 of 5
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    I think that ThinkSecret is spreading rumors as fast as a prairie fire, due to their hatred for Apple's "newly-realized" rumor lockdown.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    No, I don't think that ThinkSecret is spreading rumors as fast as prarie fire...although there's not a lot of love for the mothership right now.

I'd rather have my expectations lowered NOW than to be mega-disappointed at the keynote. Unfortunately, this prediction of NO new towers is a mega-shockwave that will spread dissonance throughout the professional Mac world should it prove true.

I've already decided to wait until 2003 to get my next tower....

D
  • Reply 5 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Jon Rubinstein:

<strong>I think that ThinkSecret is spreading rumors as fast as a prairie fire, due to their hatred for Apple's "newly-realized" rumor lockdown.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, I doubt that. I don't believe any rumors site has been able to get press credentials for the past 3 years at least, possibly longer. I've never heard of a rumors only site getting a press badge, and in fact, I remember a clause in the requirements stating that a while ago.

If anything, they'd be upset about losing readership than not getting press badges that they haven't been able to get for a while. Apple is yanking press badges from outlets that have linked to rumors sites, basically saying that if you remove those static links, we may give you press creds again. (Note this is what is happening with MacNN and the AI link, and the static link requirement came from someone at MS&L) So if the larger webzines stop linking to rumors sites... they become outta sight, outta mind. It's a theory.

These sites always change who is the leader... MOSR had their fifteen minutes, AI had it's, ThinkSecret is getting their's too.