AppleInsider podcast reviews the new Apple TV, talks 'iPhone 7' & answers your questions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2015
On this week's all-new AppleInsider podcast, Neil, Mikey, and Victor discuss the new Apple TV. Neil talks about the latest "iPhone 7" rumors, Mikey reviews the 21.5-inch iMac, and we tackle listener questions.

AppleInsider staff members Victor Marks, Mikey Campbell, and Neil Hughes discuss these top stories:
  • The new Apple TV: Neil loves it, Victor misses the outgoing third generation
  • Rumor: An earlier-than-usual launch for 'iPhone 7' in 2016
  • Apple's 'iPhone 7 Plus' expected to pack 3GB of RAM into 'A10' CPU in late 2016
  • Apple to launch new metal 4-inch iPhone with A9 CPU in 2016, insider says
  • 21.5-inch iMac 4K review
  • Listener questions
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.

You can also listen to it embedded via SoundCloud below:

The show is now also available on Stitcher Radio.

Show note links: Follow our hosts on Twitter: @vmarks, @mikeycampbell81, and @thisisneil.

We'd appreciate your feedback and comments, as well as any questions that we can answer on future episodes. Send your responses to the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow or tweet at us @appleinsider.

Finally, anyone interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    In other news today, Blackberry, which has slid into near-obscurity at under 1% of the market, announced today their first Android-based smart phone. For a mere $699 USD ($899 CD) you can have this little wonder with a slide-out keyboard.

Like all Android crap phones, the Privy comes loaded with shitware. "You will be blown away by some of the apps you use and how much data they actually access of yours," said BlackBerry's head of devices, Ron Louks. So Blackberry added their own app, which doesn't do anything for security except tell on the other apps, so you know which ones are phoning home your private data and/or camera photos.

All of the above is the Gawd's honest truth, except I added a "y" to the end of the phone's actual name.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I like your Podcast and enjoy it most of the time, thumbs up. The problem sometimes you get lost in the discussions, Victor's comparison with the Fire stick is way out of reality, you cannot compare such a powerful beast to the stick. The excuses are so much weeping and wasting time, I wanted to get in-depth information.

Now that I got the ATV4 I'm so happy, I can see the huge problem being the missing keyboard pairing and the remote app, which am sure they'll come soon to the platform. But the App Store and the quality of most Apps I installed are simply dazzling.

I think you need a bit more focus and preparation before the show, so it won't feel scattered all over the place. As for the iMac 21.5" 4k, I think the conclusion is don't buy it, just get the 27' the price difference is justified and better than upgrading the lame 21.5".
  • Reply 3 of 3
    adeebm wrote: »
    I like your Podcast and enjoy it most of the time, thumbs up. The problem sometimes you get lost in the discussions, Victor's comparison with the Fire stick is way out of reality, you cannot compare such a powerful beast to the stick. The excuses are so much weeping and wasting time, I wanted to get in-depth information.

Now that I got the ATV4 I'm so happy, I can see the huge problem being the missing keyboard pairing and the remote app, which am sure they'll come soon to the platform. But the App Store and the quality of most Apps I installed are simply dazzling.

I agree. I actually found listening to Victor in this episode so irritating that I almost stopped the podcast. The fact that Neil had to cut him off a few times when Victor was supposedly meant to be hosting speaks volumes. Neil did a great job of pointing out the weakness in the new AppleTV and what needed to be fixed. Victor just sounded ridiculous. Buying an AppleTV, returning it to get an Amazon Fire stick then going back to the AppleTV when he realised how terrible it was but still complaining about the fact you could get the same Apps on the Amazon Fire stick for much less money than the AppleTV. This was after he said those apps didn't work on the Fire stick and kept freezing.
    Victor didn't seem to do as good a job hosting the show this week as in the past. He got too carried away with the AppleTV discussion and It felt like Neil had to step in and take the role of host a few times. Maybe your right and a bit more prep ahead of time would help.