Help required with Line Messenger Chat backup recovery from Macbook to new iPhone 6s Plus

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited November 2015

I just bought the new iPhone 6S Plus. I had a regular iPhone 6 which was backed up via sync with my computer with everything on my iPhone 6. All apps and chats came back except the chat logs on Line Messenger. I went to my computer and was able to search and find the backup copy of Line Messenger and chats in iTunes but when I opened up Line Messenger on my iPhone 6S Plus I was shown this message "The Line account on your previous device will be deleted. Also, by logging in, your chat history will be deleted. Continue?"

WTF??

Anyone here know how to bring back these chat log files from the backed up version on the computer to the new iPhone 6S+? Line kind of pissed me off with no customer service number that you can call for assistance. They have a email but do not reply their emails.

If I click on iTunes,Preferences,Devices,iPhone, then right click on iPhone to show in Finder I am able to see all my chat backups from Line Messenger on there but am unable to transfer backup and get it working on my iPhone. Anyone able to help?