Off-Topic Forum Opinion chain

Posted:
in Feedback edited December 2015
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unlikely rumor claims fifth-gen Apple TV will go into mass production in early 2016.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    daven said:
    You don't to know your old email address. I have several email addresses and just entered my user name and the password reset link was sent to my email address associated with this account. I then just looked in my various email accounts and found the ai email.
    I had to recover by e-mailing them my e-mail and username directly since the system didn’t send me a password reset.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    These new forums are whack. I had to sign up as someone new because it couldn't find my email address! Anyway as far as this rumor goes consider the source. DigiTimes has a horrible track record and hardly ever gets rumors right.
    I had to reset my password twice. The old version had a warm feeling. This new one looks too sterile. 
  • Reply 3 of 5
    It may be that Apple finally cut a deal with a major cable company to provide cable boxes. Hardware modifications might include a coaxial cable connection port and maybe an extra ethernet port. Thus your new cable box would be a combo AppleTV and cable box. That would really put the screws to Amazon to put out an Amazon app for Apple TV.
    The full version of the site actually does work for quoting.
    And you quoted the wrong post. 
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I had to reset my password twice. The old version had a warm feeling. This new one looks too sterile. 
    Not just sterile, but I think even Jony Ive will have to squint to read the type. My eyes very quickly get tired reading the posts and replies.

I wish there was generic "bold text" display option. 

(And, what the heck happened to the Add Reputation option!?)
    edited December 2015
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Not just sterile, but I think even Jony Ive will have to squint to read the type. My eyes very quickly get tired reading the posts and replies.

I wish there was generic "bold text" display option. 

(And, what the heck happened to the Add Reputation option!?)
    This forum used to feel like 'home'. Now I find myself visiting it less.