MWNY: New Enclosures, PC iPod

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
from macrumors.com

[quote] The rumored PC iPod will not be available until later this year (Aug/Sept) rather than MacWorld NY... however may finally include a remote.

MacWorld New York should sport new PowerMac's with slightly redesigned enclosures due to motherboard redesigns. Details limited but the speaker is now white. <hr></blockquote>

Yay...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 55
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Is there anything more to a PC iPod than drivers?

What on earth does something as small as an iPod need a remote for? :confused:

Resdesigned motherboard: good
  • Reply 2 of 55
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Stoo:

<strong>What on earth does something as small as an iPod need a remote for? :confused: </strong><hr></blockquote>

not a remote like something for the TV, a remote like something that controlls the songs and volume on the headphone wire so you dont have to take the iPod outa the case to control it... think sony minidisc
  • Reply 3 of 55
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    and a remote would be handy for cars. lots of people are using them in cars.
  • Reply 4 of 55
    I think MOSR totally discredits their own report when they speak of an update to the iMac at MWNY . Apple has a rediculous amount of inventory of iMacs that they need to get rid of and it would be the absolute dumbest move to introduce models when they are trying to clear this inventory. I see a price drop as more likely than an update.
  • Reply 5 of 55
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>from macrumors.com

Yay...</strong><hr></blockquote>

There it is, that's what I been waitin for, they get my money, A White Speaker, allreeet.
  • Reply 6 of 55
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by Bigc:

<strong>

There it is, that's what I been waitin for, they get my money, A White Speaker, allreeet.</strong><hr></blockquote>

that was what I wanted to say with that Yay...

[ 06-29-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 55
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Just thought I would add a little to your "Yay". At least there is two of us that know what we want.
  • Reply 7 of 55
    [quote]Originally posted by WishIwasBlack:

<strong>I think MOSR totally discredits their own report when the ...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Are you confused ?

I talked about <a href="http://www.macrumors.com/"; target="_blank">MacRumors</a>

not about <a href="http://www.mosr.com"; target="_blank">MOSR</a>

• Reply 9 of 55
    [quote]Originally posted by Bigc:

<strong>Just thought I would add a little to your "Yay". At least there is two of us that know what we want.</strong><hr></blockquote>

at least... only two...
  • Reply 10 of 55

[ 06-29-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 55
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Stoo:

<strong>What on earth does something as small as an iPod need a remote for? :confused:

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd pay for one I'm using my iPod as my stereo now. It's hooked to my 2.1 speaker system and I would love to have a way to control it without actually having to walk the 10 feet or so to my iPod. If it had a display, it would be worth $50 or so. But I realize I'm in the minority on this one. BTW, where are all the third party goodies we imagined when the iPod came out??? I'm still waiting, money in hand, for something more than just a plastic bag to hold it in.
  • Reply 12 of 55
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

I'd pay for one I'm using my iPod as my stereo now. It's hooked to my 2.1 speaker system and I would love to have a way to control it without actually having to walk the 10 feet or so to my iPod. If it had a display, it would be worth $50 or so. But I realize I'm in the minority on this one. BTW, where are all the third party goodies we imagined when the iPod came out??? I'm still waiting, money in hand, for something more than just a plastic bag to hold it in.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah...

got my e-mail ?
  • Reply 13 of 55
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    White speakers? What the hell?!
  • Reply 14 of 55
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>White speakers? What the hell?!</strong><hr></blockquote>

easy...it's only white...

White

WHITE

WHITE

WHITE

• Reply 15 of 55
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    [quote]Originally posted by WishIwasBlack:

<strong>I think MOSR totally discredits their own report when they speak of an update to the iMac at MWNY . Apple has a rediculous amount of inventory of iMacs that they need to get rid of and it would be the absolute dumbest move to introduce models when they are trying to clear this inventory. I see a price drop as more likely than an update.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The six motnths will be over, so an update is not unlikely.
  • Reply 16 of 55
    [quote]Originally posted by Chucker:

<strong>

The six motnths will be over, so an update is not unlikely.</strong><hr></blockquote>

read :

[quote] I think MOSR totally discredits their own report when they speak of an update to the iMac at MWNY . Apple has a rediculous amount of inventory of iMacs that they need to get rid of and it would be the absolute dumbest move to introduce models when they are trying to clear this inventory. I see a price drop as more likely than an update. <hr></blockquote>

and..

[quote]Are you confused ?

I talked about MacRumors

not about MOSR

<hr></blockquote>

just because our black mans post had no impact on this thread
  • Reply 17 of 55
    macjedaimacjedai Posts: 263member

<strong>

[snip] ... BTW, where are all the third party goodies we imagined when the iPod came out??? I'm still waiting, money in hand, for something more than just a plastic bag to hold it in.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Taken from <a href="http://www.pbzone.com/"; target="_blank">The Powerbook Zone</a> :

<a href="http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?cat=iPod"; target="_blank">Dr. Bott</a> ships LeatherPod, Leather case for the iPod from e-Pac

... Pricing & Availability: LeatherPod retails for $29.95 is available immediately

There are other accessories there too
  • Reply 18 of 55
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member

<strong>

I'd pay for one I'm using my iPod as my stereo now. It's hooked to my 2.1 speaker system and I would love to have a way to control it without actually having to walk the 10 feet or so to my iPod. If it had a display, it would be worth $50 or so. But I realize I'm in the minority on this one. BTW, where are all the third party goodies we imagined when the iPod came out??? I'm still waiting, money in hand, for something more than just a plastic bag to hold it in.</strong><hr></blockquote>

When most people mention an 'iPod remote' they mean that little dongle with controls on it...not a wireless remote. Sort of like the thing the new Toshiba Gigabeat has.

A wireless remote for an iPod? Heh. In your dreams.
  • Reply 19 of 55
    macjedaimacjedai Posts: 263member
    Eugene,

I say let him dream. Without "dreamers", Apple wouldn't be Apple. And I enjoy innovation. Maybe Apple could sell it as an option, because not everyone would have a use for it.

&lt;edit: I gotta learn to type and spell&gt;

[ 06-29-2002: Message edited by: MacJedai ]</p>
  • Reply 20 of 55
    [quote]Originally posted by MacJedai:

<strong>Eugene,

I say let him dream. Without "dreamers", Apple wouldn't be Apple. And I enjoy innovation. Maybe Apple could sell it as an option, because not everyone would have a use for it.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

dreams aren't that bad, you know