the thirst for knowledge needs quenching..

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
more than a decade ago my father purchased our first computer.. it was an amiga 1000.. then we got the original mac LC, then a power PC :eek: 6200.. now i sit here at the AGP (whatever that means) G4..

initially i grasped the whole idea of the hard drive, ram, and the processor.. but glancing over a lot of these threads i feel somewhat left behind.. i ask myself more questions than i can find answers for..

so here i am, asking the collective intelligence of AI for answers.. tell me (and anyone else out there) about computers these days.. what does what and how and so on.. perhaps some of you have unanswered desires to be teachers; so here is your chance to teach..

what are some of the upcoming and current technologies?

i don't expect all the questions to be answered within a few days.. the topic is far too complicated for that..

[ 07-18-2002: Message edited by: LowBandwidthMember ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Would you like to learn about new technology, or about how a Mac works?

• Reply 2 of 4
    mugwumpmugwump Posts: 233member
    huh? Are you high or something?

"i don't expect all the questions to be answered within a few days.. the topic is far too complicated for that.."

Give me a break. Do yourself a favour and do a search for any "computing" concept that you could ever imagine.

I still think this dude is high.

I also love how people post about how long ago they turned on a computer. I mean, my grandmother has driven a car for a long time now, but it's not surprising that she couldn't tell her oil from her petrol.

[ 07-18-2002: Message edited by: mugwump ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>Would you like to learn about new technology, or about how a Mac works?

</strong><hr></blockquote>how about how a mac should work..
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    This has a more general vibe to it and as such:

Moving to General Discussion...