Third floor opens at IFC Mall Apple Store in Hong Kong

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2015
Apple has opened its anticipated third floor at the IFC Mall Apple Store in Hong Kong, providing even more space at one of the company's flagship locations.

The extra space is dedicated entirely to a Genius Bar and two accessory walls, AppleInsider can verify. A separate staircase takes visitors up to the top floor, leaving the outlet's original stairway intact.

Apple has also kept the look of the store intact, despite its renovations. The company is known to be moving towards a different, fashion-oriented look with newer stores, but older locations aren't immediately following suit.

The IFC Mall store dates back to 2011, and was not only Apple's first location in Hong Kong but to this day remains a focal point for product launches in the city, with long lineups.

Even without renovations it has an unusual design, sporting narrow floors directly over a busy roadway. A third floor dedicated to repairs and accessories should give Apple much-needed space to showcase core products like iPhones and Macs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    You can be certain Apple does continuous analysis across its global chain of stores to determine exactly the order in which changes will be rolled out.  Just as Apple has daily sales numbers broken out in incredible detail on all its products.  I really wish those analysts who trade on simplistic information like title unit numbers, market share, and what they think it means if iPhone sales level off, could comprehend the complexity of a business that, to their naive minds, appears so black and white.  They'd use have no clue for the most part.  
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Just looking at this shows how dated the current design is. I can't wait until my local stores get the redesign, but they'll probably be last because they're in shopping malls.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    While not getting the new redesign, it looks like they got the new super flimsy looking stools...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Just looking at this shows how dated the current design is. I can't wait until my local stores get the redesign, but they'll probably be last because they're in shopping malls.
    I don't think their stores look dated. I would use the term "iconic".  However Apple is not one to give in to any form of nostalgia but rather forging ahead. They have a lot of Apple stores to update so of course this is going to take some time. It is not because they have stores in shopping malls. 
    freerange