new Magic Mouse - awesome

Posted:
in Genius Bar
got it for christmas...it's my non-gaming mouse, used for my daily work and surfing. i use the MM over something else for the touch surface and gestures.

new version -- better than the previous. I'm surprised at how much lighter it is than the AA-battery version. this was unexpected, but has a real life gain in that it makes gliding the mouse easier. pairing with the USB cable? brilliant. took no time. and that it uses the same exact Lightning cable i use to charge my phone? perfect.

i give no shits about the port being on the bottom. i intend to use it for a month and then plug it in one evening before bed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    got it for christmas...it's my non-gaming mouse, used for my daily work and surfing. i use the MM over something else for the touch surface and gestures.

new version -- better than the previous. I'm surprised at how much lighter it is than the AA-battery version. this was unexpected, but has a real life gain in that it makes gliding the mouse easier. pairing with the USB cable? brilliant. took no time. and that it uses the same exact Lightning cable i use to charge my phone? perfect.

i give no shits about the port being on the bottom. i intend to use it for a month and then plug it in one evening before bed.

I have to agree This is the best mouse I have ever owned, also a christmas present. Cant believe how light and responsive it is. Ability to scroll without having to use wheel or dragging mouse.
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    To each his own. I HATE, HATE, HATE the Apple mouse, and so do my colleagues. The lack of tactical feedback when pressing the mouse 'button' stinks, and the 'right mouse button' doesn't register when pressing the left one. You don't feel a scroll wheel. 

This makes the mouse pretty much useless for pro-apps and especially gaming.

Apple sucked at designing mice starting with the Apple II.

• Reply 3 of 3
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    what lack of tactical feedback? it clicks. 

no problems with left or right clicking. 

i love using the entire top as the scroll wheel. 

its not a gaming mouse so that's completely irrelevant.