Apple continues expansion in second-tier Chinese cities with new Shenyang store

Posted:
in General Discussion
Chinese consumers in the country's frigid northeastern region will soon have another Apple Store to visit, as the company is set to open its second location in Shenyang on Saturday.

MixC Shenyang

Shenyang's variant of the nationwide MixC mall chain will be home to the latest Apple Store, the iPhone maker announced this week. The new store will open on January 9 at 10:00 a.m.

After blanketing China's largest cities -- Shanghai and Beijing, which have nine official retail stores between them -- Apple's Chinese retail expansion has followed an unpredictable path.

Industrial areas like Chongqing and Shenyang now boast multiple first-party Apple Stores, while some wealthier cities have none at all.

For instance, Guangzhou -- China's third-largest city and the capital of the prosperous southern province of Guangdong -- is still without an Apple Store despite years of rumors that one would be forthcoming. Guangzhou residents must make the one-hour drive to Shenzhen or semiautonomous Hong Kong to visit an official Apple Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    I think that is Apples way of slowing its own speed of growth. 2-3 new Apple Store in wealthier cities would probably mean exceptional growth in one year which will result in bigger earnings the WallStreet isn't interested in....which we can see actually. On the contrary: WallStreet torments AAPL for exceptional quarters by arguing the next year will have a tougher comparison. So, by opening Stores in "smaller" cities Apple ensures further growth but without these giant leaps we saw with the introduction of the iPhone 6/6 Plus.
    palominejony0
  • Reply 2 of 16
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Oh, by the way...the Chinese stock market crashed today and all trading was halted.
    #CentralPlanningFailure
  • Reply 3 of 16
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Oh, by the way...the Chinese stock market crashed today and all trading was halted.
    #CentralPlanningFailure
    IT halted because of a system to prevent crashes... Yeah, that will work.
    BTW, the market had gone up 65% since the summer were it had also crashed (the closing is in reaction to that one).
    The Chinese stock market is pretty high risk, ripe with speculators.
    leviSpamSandwich
  • Reply 4 of 16
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    #CentralPlanningFailure
    Yes, everyone panic. Or not. Their economy is fine, and Apple will still sell a ton of product there. 
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Wah Wah.  Rant rant! Sack Tim! Wah Wah! 

Repeat ad nauseum. 

Tim is doing a great job. I think I'll put my trust in him rather than your diatribes!
    I knew Sog was a worthless liar early on and he had no intention of honoring his own asinine bet. I called it early.
    Did he ever address why he didn't follow through with his self-ban?  I haven't read all article comments in the new year, so hadn't seen any justification.

I'd love to see AAPL at $150.  I'm way too undiversified into Apple stock and I don't agree with a lot of Cook's extra curricular comments, but I still wouldn't change the CEO.  The idea that the stock price would be higher with any other CEO in place is utter nonsense.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    I knew Sog was a worthless liar early on and he had no intention of honoring his own asinine bet. I called it early.
    Did he ever address why he didn't follow through with his self-ban?  I haven't read all article comments in the new year, so hadn't seen any justification.

I'd love to see AAPL at $150.  I'm way too undiversified into Apple stock and I don't agree with a lot of Cook's extra curricular comments, but I still wouldn't change the CEO.  The idea that the stock price would be higher with any other CEO in place is utter nonsense.
    Believe me, I'd like nothing more than AAPL at $150 and it's not clear that a different CEO would be able to move the needle on the stock at this point. Current levels may be baked in at this point until a car or similar dramatically new market is cracked by Apple.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    Sog35 is annoying as hell... although he has a point.

But basically it is the same theory. Steve can do the impossible, when he is running Apple, Wall Street will believe and trade at P/E 20
    Tim Cook is in comparison, human. So Wall Street decide to run numbers and they can't figure out how Apple is going to be able sustain.

I don't blame Tim, it would have been the same for anyone else to run it. 
    The only thing i hate is Tim is spending money buying back stocks. Those money should be invested somewhere else.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    sog35 said:
    ksec said:
    Sog35 is annoying as hell... although he has a point.

But basically it is the same theory. Steve can do the impossible, when he is running Apple, Wall Street will believe and trade at P/E 20
    Tim Cook is in comparison, human. So Wall Street decide to run numbers and they can't figure out how Apple is going to be able sustain.

I don't blame Tim, it would have been the same for anyone else to run it. 
    The only thing i hate is Tim is spending money buying back stocks. Those money should be invested somewhere else.
    WRONG.

Many of the elite CEO's can convience Wall Street to give their companies 20+ PE's.

Amazon CEO knows how to please Wall Street.
    Google CEO.
    Facebook CEO.
    Microsoft CEO. 
    Netflix CEO.
    Even the FRIKENT Yahoo CEO has convienced Wall STreet to give her company a 125 PE.

Basically every Elite Tech company has a CEO who's better with handling Wall Street and the Media than pathetic Tim Cook.

Face it.  Cook sucks. I don't know of any other company that has such a depressed PE despite growing earnings and revenue at 20-30%.  Its all because Cook is total crap at controlling the company message.
    Then sell your shares and wait for someone else to be CEO but your constant whining and crying about it just remove any credibility you had. 
    Though as you refuse to honour your bet you have none.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Apple is great and the company is firing in all cylinders. What the financial & media industries do to distort AAPL doesn't really matter unless you're a short term shareholder. Relax folks, Tim Cook knows how to run Apple better than anyone else on earth and the stock price will be near $200 in a relatively short period. China is transitioning into a consumer spending economy and Apple is at the forefront of this 20 + years cycle. Additionally Android is losing ground to iOS so together with China Apple will maintain and most probably increase their growth ratios for years to come. With this said think about the watch and their wearable strategy, car, pay, enterprise, R&D.... There isn't a better company than Apple right now.
    flaneurneil anderson
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Apple is great and the company is firing in all cylinders. What the financial & media industries do to distort AAPL doesn't really matter unless you're a short term shareholder. Relax folks, Tim Cook knows how to run Apple better than anyone else on earth and the stock price will be near $200 in a relatively short period. China is transitioning into a consumer spending economy and Apple is at the forefront of this 20 + years cycle. Additionally Android is losing ground to iOS so together with China Apple will maintain and most probably increase their growth ratios for years to come. With this said think about the watch and their wearable strategy, car, pay, enterprise, R&D.... There isn't a better company than Apple right now.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    sog35 said:
    WRONG.

Many of the elite CEO's can convience Wall Street to give their companies 20+ PE's.

Amazon CEO knows how to please Wall Street.
    Google CEO.
    Facebook CEO.
    Microsoft CEO. 
    Netflix CEO.
    Even the FRIKENT Yahoo CEO has convienced Wall STreet to give her company a 125 PE.

Basically every Elite Tech company has a CEO who's better with handling Wall Street and the Media than pathetic Tim Cook.

Face it.  Cook sucks. I don't know of any other company that has such a depressed PE despite growing earnings and revenue at 20-30%.  Its all because Cook is total crap at controlling the company message.
    Then sell your shares and wait for someone else to be CEO but your constant whining and crying about it just remove any credibility you had. 
    Poor Sog needs to see his shares jack up in value before he sells, so he's taking the stupidest line possible to get there, trying to drum up a revolt against the best CEO that Apple could have. If he wants to really see the stock price tank, he should just keep it up. Too bad we have to see him throwing up over every thread like this. Humiliating for him, painful for us.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    flaneur said:
    Poor Sog needs to see his shares jack up in value before he sells, so he's taking the stupidest line possible to get there, trying to drum up a revolt against the best CEO that Apple could have. If he wants to really see the stock price tank, he should just keep it up. Too bad we have to see him throwing up over every thread like this. Humiliating for him, painful for us.
    Although you should be aware the "block" function has been added back to this site. Just click on a person's name and it'll take you to their information, where you may block them if you choose.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Although you should be aware the "block" function has been added back to this site. Just click on a person's name and it'll take you to their information, where you may block them if you choose.
    Thanks, I didn't know blocking had been restored.

EDIT: And it fully hides the posts too, and it works on mobile and desktop, brilliant!
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 14 of 16
    DarsDars Posts: 1member
    This is the second Apple Store in Shenyang
  • Reply 15 of 16
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    flaneur said:
    Thanks. I've never blocked anyone before, even B. Frost, but i'm thinking about it now.

Thing is, it would be nice to find that switch inside his head where you could shut him off. One could therefore learn something about this type of aberration. I know,as if, eh?