Apple updates Logic Pro X, MainStage 3 pro apps with new features and enhancements

Posted:
in Mac Software
Following Apple's consumer oriented music app updates on Wednesday, the company pushed out new versions of its professional audio software Logic Pro X and Mainstage 3, each bringing numerous feature additions and performance improvements.

Last updated in August, Logic Pro X's latest version 10.2.1 release mixes in a new multi-threading feature for improved performance when processing multiple live channels, while a collection of 30 plug-ins has been redesigned to support Apple's latest Macs with Retina displays.

Other enhancements include more responsive playback of Apple Loop previews and selective region edits, Flex Pitch editing user interface changes, Apple Loops support and 11 new spectral effects for Alchemy and multi-file drag-and-drop for the Drum Machine Designer. A new export option allows users to create stems from multiple tracks and the entire app has been tweaked with better support for VoiceOver accessibility.

Apple also made reliability improvements for downloading content, which now includes direct downloads from Sound Library and Apple Loops browsers.

Logic Pro X version 10.2.1 is a free 1.3GB update for existing users, while new customers can purchase the app for $199.99 from the Mac App Store.

Apple's Logic Pro X live performance companion tool, MainStage 3, hit version 3.2.3 on Wednesday with similar enhancements, including 27 redesigned plug-ins for Retina Macs. The software brings Apple Loops support and 11 new spectral effects to Alchemy, which also gets support for third-party Expressive MIDI controllers like those marketed by Roli and Roger Linn Design.

The latest software version allows for faster changing of input/output devices containing large files. Other enhancements include minor UI tweaks and improved VoiceOver support.

MainStage 3 version 3.2.3 comes in at 1.15GB and can be purchased for $29.99 from the Mac App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Dang! It makes me really nervous when Apple comes out with system updates and new apps and new feature promotions and polishing all their buttons, just one week before earnings report.
    Makes me very very nervous.  
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 2 of 9
    bobschlob said:
    Dang! It makes me really nervous when Apple comes out with system updates and new apps and promoting new features and polishing all their buttons, just one week before earnings report.
    Makes me very very nervous.   :s
    Ummm why?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Good stuff!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    felixer said:
    bobschlob said:
    Dang! It makes me really nervous when Apple comes out with system updates and new apps and promoting new features and polishing all their buttons, just one week before earnings report.
    Makes me very very nervous.   :s
    Ummm why?
    Something about Apple not breaking records and doomed.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Still waiting on an update for #FCPX. I think it's been 9 months since a feature update.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Of course this has "nothing" to do with the NAMM Show taking place this week in Anaheim Ca.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    calfoto said:
    Of course this has "nothing" to do with the NAMM Show taking place this week in Anaheim Ca.
    Well then, guess we'll get out #FCPX just before NAB... in April!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    adamski said:
    Still waiting on an update for #FCPX. I think it's been 9 months since a feature update.
    At least Apple didn't abandon FCPX like it did to Aperture. Will never forgive Apple for that.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    adamski said:
    At least Apple didn't abandon FCPX like it did to Aperture. Will never forgive Apple for that.
    Part of me feels the day will come and they're probably right. I'll use FCPX now because I love it and should it go away I'll move on. As I did moving from Aperture, which I still use sometimes, to Capture One.