Tommy Hilfiger's next fashion show to offer 'fast lane' for Apple Watch wearers

Posted:
in Apple Watch
For its upcoming New York Fashion Week show, clothing brand Tommy Hilfiger will reportedly be offering speedier entry for people wearing an Apple Watch, including a dedicated fast lane to usher them in.

For this special treatment, invited guests will have to have a Watch with Fashion GPS Radar installed, according to Racked. The iPhone version of the app is already how many Fashion Week participants handle RSVPs, but was updated with Watch support on Monday. The Watch interface offers the ability to flash a QR code without pulling out a phone.

Hilfiger is the first fashion line to offer Watch-related privileges at an event, and is said to have collaborated with GPS Radar's developers on the effort.

Apple has tried to position the Apple Watch as a fashion object since before its launch, for instance through magazine spreads, events at boutiques, and celebrity product placements. One of the earliest recipients of the device was fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who like Beyonce was given a yellow gold Watch with a custom-made gold link bracelet.

Tommy Hilfiger's plans may suggest that the Watch has gained some traction. Apple is expected to continue its fashion focus at a March press event, where it may announce new bands and other customization options, including partnerships beyond its current ties with Hermes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    So does this only work with Watch or will it work with iPhones too?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,421member
    don't be cheap... show your money.... flash your Apple watch and get VIP treatment.
    jbdragon
  • Reply 3 of 10
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
     The Watch interface offers the ability to flash a QR code without pulling out a phone.
    A QR code!? What are they Wal-Mart? How about a wireless solution? Sort of embarrassing I'd say, considering what the watch is capable of.

And I wish they'd stop this rumor that Apple is going to mainly unveil new bands at March event. Talk about marginalizing a product.
    edited February 2016 calibrakken
  • Reply 4 of 10
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Can 'Droid Gear gadget wearers even afford to get in?
    brakken
  • Reply 5 of 10
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    Always said convenience is the killer app for Apple Watch.  Companies are starting to figure it out.
    latifbpjbdragon
  • Reply 6 of 10
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    "... clothing brand Tommy Hilfiger will reportedly be offering speedier entry for people wearing an Apple Watch ..."

And if you have a gold Edition Watch, they give you a jet pack!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    mac_128 said:
     The Watch interface offers the ability to flash a QR code without pulling out a phone.
    A QR code!? What are they Wal-Mart? How about a wireless solution? Sort of embarrassing I'd say, considering what the watch is capable of.

And I wish they'd stop this rumor that Apple is going to mainly unveil new bands at March event. Talk about marginalizing a product.
    Well Apple hasn't opened up NFC capabilities to 3rd party's yet. I really don't see a issue with a QR code to do some things. It's not CurrentC with direct access to your bank account. There's no you having to take a picture. It's just a quick QR code scan. It's something other places use also. As for RUMORS, Who cares!!! I don't worry about rumors about Apple or what they're doing to any other type of rumor. I'll wait for real facts right from the source and in this case it's Apple. Until Apple says what they have to say, why worry about it?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    roakeroake Posts: 811member
    mac_128 said:

I don't think that means what you think it means.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    So does this only work with Watch or will it work with iPhones too?
    Unless you or I are going to Fashion Week, it'll remain a mystery worthy of JJ Abrams.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    cali said:
    Can 'Droid Gear gadget wearers even afford to get in?
    Androidians will be shown the exit.