Apple to reveal fiscal Q2 2016 earnings on April 25

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited March 2016
Apple on Monday announced an upcoming earnings conference call covering the second fiscal quarter of 2016, a period expected to see the first year-over-year iPhone sales contraction ever.

As noted on the company's Investor Relations webpage, Apple will detail its financials for the three-month period ending in March during a live streamed conference call on April 25. CEO Tim Cook and CFO Luca Maestri are expected to be in attendance.

During Apple's most recent quarterly conference call in January, Cook said he expects the current quarter to bring the first iPhone unit sales to decline since the device launched in 2007. Aside from the normal sequential decline after the holiday shopping season, iPhone 6s is facing a tough compare to the first quarter of 2015, which saw unusually high sales due to channel catch-up on previously constrained iPhone 6 supply.

"We do think that iPhone units will decline in the quarter," Cook said. "We aren't projecting beyond the quarter as [Apple CFO Luca Maestri] mentioned earlier, but at this point in time, we see that Q2 is the toughest compare."

Apple reported its biggest quarter ever in January, announcing $75.9 billion in revenue pushed along by 74.8 million iPhone sales, both record-breaking statistics.

Apple's quarterly conference call for the first fiscal quarter of 2016 is scheduled for Monday, April 25 at 2 p.m. Pacific, 5 p.m. Eastern. Along with Apple's stream, AppleInsider will be covering the event live.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Sell, sell, sell stocks now and buy back right after conference call.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    I expect Apple to exceed analysts expectations for Q3 (April to June) due to the iPhone SE, which all the analysts seem to be underestimating.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    This is why this falls iPhone7, not the 7s in 2017 should be the big one. The new SE will sell phones but the flagship models will continue to have a reduction in sales. This will be the year of Skylake chips in the Mac lineup which will be huge, but their #1 product--the iPhone-- seems to be slipping, with Samsung almost caught up, and in some areas, having surpassed the iPhone. Can the company really afford to wait another 18 months for a real upgrade? 
    Maybe the iPhone 7 this fall will surprise us; I sure hope so.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mcarling said:
    I expect Apple to exceed analysts expectations for Q3 (April to June) due to the iPhone SE, which all the analysts seem to be underestimating.
    Are you saying that on 4/25 we should see a surprisingly high forecast from Apple?
    ai46
  • Reply 5 of 7
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    bluefire1 said:
    This is why this falls iPhone7, not the 7s in 2017 should be the big one. The new SE will sell phones but the flagship models will continue to have a reduction in sales. This will be the year of Skylake chips in the Mac lineup which will be huge, but their #1 product--the iPhone-- seems to be slipping, with Samsung almost caught up, and in some areas, having surpassed the iPhone. Can the company really afford to wait another 18 months for a real upgrade? 
    Samsung has caught up? Where's your source? I've been reading so far that Samsung continued to lose market shares and earning negative profit.
    netmagelatifbp
  • Reply 6 of 7
    If it sells off after earnings people won't stay out long.  I expect Apple to significantly up the dividend on or around record date of May 11, possibly even executing a special dividend payout, and people will buy the news up until the iPhone 7 comes out.  After that all bets are off.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    fallenjt said:
    bluefire1 said:
    Samsung has caught up? Where's your source? I've been reading so far that Samsung continued to lose market shares and earning negative profit.
    That maybe so, but the Galaxy S7, as a phone, is earning very positive reviews and has managed to surpass the iPhones in many regards.

of course the iPhone 7 in September will come out and trounce it, but Samsung has a real strong offering this year.

Apple will need to up their game, as I'm sure they will.