Disturbed by missing headphone jack on iPhone 7

Posted:
in iPhone
Anyone else have these opinions?

Apple - removing the headphone jack as rumored is a terrible idea. You already require a bag full of dongles for your computers but where would such a dongle for a phone be kept?

Audiophiles, such as myself, don't care for bluetooth or other wireless technologies b/c the sound quality suffers.

Requiring a charged headset all the time for use with the phone is a hassle - wired headsets have at least 3 advantages.

Furthermore, you can't seem to increase battery life at all and requiring a wireless headset will make battery drain an even bigger issue.

After 18 months my iPhone 6 is a severe headache as the battery only lasts 4 hours - not sure how this could possible work with more required bluetooth usage.

RIDICULOUS if the rumors of no headset jack are true

I own many Apple devices - from an iMac with 32GB RAM and SSD to the Apple Watch but no headphone jack will probably force me to switch to Android

For example, I recently purchased a $300 Bose noice cancellation headset which would then be rendered useless...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    The only effective way for people to communicate to Apple they aren't happy with something is to purchase alternatives.  I think removing the headphone jack will be enough of a disincentive for a lot of people that they will purchase something else, but perhaps not.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    treymaier said:
    Anyone else have these opinions?

Apple - removing the headphone jack as rumored is a terrible idea. You already require a bag full of dongles for your computers but where would such a dongle for a phone be kept?

I'd suggest leaving it attached to the end of your headphones.  Problem solved.