Apple issues second betas of iOS 9.3.3, OS X 10.11.6, watchOS 2.2.2 & tvOS 9.2.2 a week before WWDC

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2016
With just seven days to go before Apple unveils the future of iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS and at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, developers were provided with new betas for upcoming minor updates.

iOS 9.3.3, OS X 10.11.6, tvOS 9.2.2 and watchOS 2.2.2 are now available for registered developers to install and test. As with all pre-release betas, Apple warns that the software should not be installed on machines needed for critical use.

Details on what user-facing changes, if any, exist in the updates remain unknown. The first betas were released two weeks ago.

iOS 9.3.3 beta 2is identified as build 13G21. The second beta of OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 is build 15G12a. tvOS 9.2.2's second beta carries build 13Y816. And finally, watchOS 2.2.2 beta 2 is identified as build 13V601.

Registered developers can access betas via Apple's Developer Center. OS X El Capitan betas are also available via the Mac App Store, iOS and tVOS updates can be found through Software Update in their native Settings applications. Apple Watch updates are installed through the device's official app on an iPhone.

Any major changes to Apple's major platforms are expected to be held until the next point-zero releases for the platforms, widely expected to be unveiled next Monday at a keynote presentation to kick off WWDC 2016. The unveiling will take place on June 13 at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern from San Francisco, and AppleInsider will be there live with full coverage.

If Apple sticks to its usual patterns, developers should get their hands on the first betas of iOS 10 and OS X 10.12 next week.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Ugh. I haven't even upgraded to 9.3.2 yet. Might as well wait now. Just wish Apple would stop with the annoying, and tricky, reminders.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    mac_128 said:
    Ugh. I haven't even upgraded to 9.3.2 yet. Might as well wait now. Just wish Apple would stop with the annoying, and tricky, reminders.
    If Apple didn’t do that the average user would never update. It’s to the user’s and Apple’s advantage to have as many users on the latest software as possible as quickly as possible. FWIW I always update within a few days of a release and have never had any of the issues reported on. The number of users who do have issues is minuscule compared to the installed base but they get over-exaggerated attention from the tech press. Negativity rules on the Internet. You’re just going to haver to suffer through those reminders.
    edited June 2016 mwhitefastasleep
  • Reply 3 of 3
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    lkrupp said:
    mac_128 said:
    If Apple didn’t do that the average user would never update. It’s to the user’s and Apple’s advantage to have as many users on the latest software as possible as quickly as possible. FWIW I always update within a few days of a release and have never had any of the issues reported on. The number of users who do have issues is minuscule compared to the installed base but they get over-exaggerated attention from the tech press. Negativity rules on the Internet. You’re just going to haver to suffer through those reminders.
    Best thing is wait two days and monitor forums to see how it went, that catches almost 90% of all major issues. If you upgrade early you can also downgrade if there is a non bricking issues (which most are). Like you said, most issues affect very few people, considering hundreds of millions update within a few months, they'd be a lot more whining online if that wasn't the case.