Video shows 'iPhone 7' mockups in Space Gray, gold and rose gold

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2016
With iPhone rumor season in full swing, dummy "iPhone 7" models sourced from China are showing up in an increasing number of videos, the latest of which offers a peek at what production colors might look like when they see release this fall.

The "iPhone 7" units seen in a video posted to YouTube channel ConceptsiPhone on Wednesday are identical to mockups seen in previous photo "leaks," complete with non-functioning Lightning port and rough camera, True Tone flash and Apple logo inlays. Unlike past clips, however, today's footage offers perspective on three chassis colors thought to be in the works for this year's release: Space Gray (identified as "Space Black" in the video), gold and rose gold.

Aside from color variety, not much else can be gleaned from today's video. As with prior dummy models, the featured units sport an enlarged camera bump, redesigned antenna lines and 3.5mm headphone jack removal.

According to a report earlier this week, the recent spate of "iPhone 7" mockups appears to originate from a single Chinese source. It is unknown whether the blanks are produced based on actual leaked schematics or merely best guess estimates drawn from designs circulating online. In any case, the validity of most hardware leaks pertaining to Apple's forthcoming handset have been highly questionable.

Apple is expected to announce a next-generation iPhone lineup this fall, in line with the company's annual refresh cycle. With "iPhone 7," however, Apple is rumored to abandon the "tick-tock" strategy that brings a full redesign every other year. Reports claim the company is waiting for technology to mature before implementing a design overhaul in 2018.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    I just recently bought a new phone, so I'm all set for a while, but I hope that the next time around, Apple introduces a few different color schemes.

Can we get a space black or a stealth black?

I had a 2007 Blackbook and that was a great laptop in a great color!

Bring back the black Apple! Have some diversity! There's too much white, and too many light colors at the moment. They can keep the colors they have, just add one more, like a space black!
  • Reply 2 of 15
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    strange...I don't see the dual colour flash......perhaps these are just shells without any interior components?

also I've always wondered why people leak things like this. what difference does it make?
    macseekerdamonf
  • Reply 3 of 15
    macseekermacseeker Posts: 545member
    why- said:
    strange...I don't see the dual colour flash......perhaps these are just shells without any interior components?

also I've always wondered why people leak things like this. what difference does it make?
    You're the first person to spell the word "dual" correctly in the many Mac forums I belong to.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    It just occurred to me that moving the antenna lines as they did eliminates two pieces from the bill of materials.  
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    why- said:

They get paid by the IT press for the pictures. 
  • Reply 6 of 15
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,319member
    In other news Silver will be renamed White Gold.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    6Sgoldfish6Sgoldfish Posts: 108member
    Yep, sticking to the 6 for one more year  :s
    mjhnl
  • Reply 8 of 15
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    That camera hump.  :(
    6Sgoldfish
  • Reply 9 of 15
    damonfdamonf Posts: 229member
      macseeker said:
    why- said:

You're the first person to spell the word "dual" correctly in the many Mac forums I belong to.

Yeah but he did spell "colour" wrong. 

(Just joking, love my Brit cousins. <3 ) And I do agree with Why: most phones get slapped into a case, the color on the back doesn't matter much these days.

edited July 2016
  • Reply 10 of 15
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    Yawn. 2018? What happened to 2017? 
  • Reply 11 of 15
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    apple ][ said:
    I just recently bought a new phone, so I'm all set for a while, but I hope that the next time around, Apple introduces a few different color schemes.

Can we get a space black or a stealth black?

I had a 2007 Blackbook and that was a great laptop in a great color!

Bring back the black Apple! Have some diversity! There's too much white, and too many light colors at the moment. They can keep the colors they have, just add one more, like a space black!
    Remember the lawsuits from people who said their black phones were scratching too easily?
  • Reply 12 of 15
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    kkerst said:
    Yawn. 2018? What happened to 2017? 
    2017 is so, like, five minutes ago.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    TurboPGTTurboPGT Posts: 355member
    why- said:

They are mockups. Do people not understand what mockups are? They are probably not even made of metal. These are phony creations based on leaked schematic detail. In the broad strokes they are fairly accurate, but they are not representative of the actual product.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    That camera hump.  :(
    what? i dont see it, or any problem. what is it that you see?
  • Reply 15 of 15
    AI_liasAI_lias Posts: 434member
    Does anyone know why those white antenna bands can't match the color of the phone more closely? I understand that the phone will shine in different shades of rose gold, or gold depending on the angle, but there is a middle shade of gold, or just yellow or rose metallic or non-metallic color they could use so they are not bright white... Or maybe not?
    6Sgoldfish