Apple releases third public betas of iOS 10, macOS Sierra

Posted:
in General Discussion
Members of Apple's public beta program were supplied with their third pre-release build of Apple's two biggest upcoming platforms set for release this fall: iOS 10 and macOS Sierra.

Members of the iOS 10 public beta can now install the third beta either through Software Update or via connection to iTunes with a verified registered device. Mac updates are available via the Mac App Store.

The updates arrive one day after developers were provided with their fourth betas of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra. Registered developers also received new builds of tvOS 10 and watchOS 3, but those platforms are not included in Apple's public beta program.

iOS 10 and macOS Sierra beta 3 are likely identical to the developer beta 4 builds. Those were identified on Monday as macOS Sierra beta 4 build 16A270f, and iOS 10 beta 4 build 14A5322e.

The biggest changes from previous builds appear to be in iOS 10, where Apple added 100 new emoji and tweaked existing graphics with new looks. The new emoji reflect diversity and gender equality, and also swap out a handgun icon for a toy water gun.

The latest iOS 10 beta also introduces a new introduction pane explaining changes to Control Center. Upon swiping up for the first time, users are taught that the new Control Center features three panes for quick access controls, music controls, and HomeKit controls.

Both iOS 10 and macOS Sierra are scheduled to be released this fall, likely in September.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Does it break Photoshop CS6?
    boredumb
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Does anyone know if Citrix Receiver is working?
    T WRIGHT
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Is everyone seeing the update?  Ive been checking the App Store for hours and it says there are no updates...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    2old4fun2old4fun Posts: 239member
    Is everyone seeing the update?  Ive been checking the App Store for hours and it says there are no updates...
    Do you have the beta profile?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I'm deactivating Siri as soon as Sierra will have finished installing (same as the Finder transparency effects that only hog resources).

• Reply 6 of 9
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    mj web said:
    Does it break Photoshop CS6?
    I think they've yet to fix the iBooks issue in iOS 9.3.3...
    It's becoming "the one thing you can count on"...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    CITRIX receiver does appear to work if you download Citrix 12.2 which was released on 1st Aug.

I am on the latest beta so can't comment on the older beta tho...

Hope this helps

Terry 
  • Reply 8 of 9

Does anyone know if Citrix Receiver is working?
    YES with Citrix Receiver 12.2
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Although I had been running beta 2, in order to see and download beta 3, I first had to reinstall beta 1 from the "purchased" list. Strange.
    edited August 2016