MacBook line-up change before university?

Posted:
in Genius Bar

This is my first discussion so hopefully this is the correct category!

As things currently stand, the best MacBook for me for university is the base 13" Air. But, from what I've read on various tech sites, the likelihood is that the Air line will be discontinued completely after the MacBook Pro is refreshed. My worry is that when this happens, they will continue selling the then-previous Pro at a cut price as they have done with the old non-Retina Pro (with the optical drive). I'm hesitant to jump for the 13" Air when I could potentially get the current 13" Pro for around the same price.

As I need a laptop before the end of September, I'm waiting for Apple's September event to see if they will announce any changes to their MacBook line-up. However the aforementioned tech websites are saying that there will be no mention of any MacBooks at the event, and I can't realistically afford to wait any longer than that for an announcement.

I'll kick myself if I buy an Air just before they update it or replace it with the current Pro line when the Pro is updated. Any advice on what I should do, and if I should wait or just get the Air now?

Many thanks