Frank Ocean releases visual album 'Endless' on Apple Music

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited August 2016
Some four years after his last full studio release, R&B singer Frank Ocean on Thursday debuted a new visual album called "Endless" exclusively on Apple Music.

Unlike previous visual albums debuted through iTunes, Ocean's effort is an uncut 45-minute long black-and-white video of what appears to be the singer building a set of stairs in a workshop. Dubbed over the video are previously unheard tracks from what is assumedly Ocean's upcoming album "Boys Don't Cry."

Earlier today, Pitchfork received word of tonight's release from an Apple Music representative, who hinted that more content was coming this weekend. Ocean is widely expected to debut a long-awaited album entitled "Boys Don't Cry" after first revealing work on the project in 2013.

Reports earlier this month suggested Apple Music had scored exclusive first rights to "Boys Don't Cry," which was supposedly set to debut on Aug. 5. Since then, however, there has been little news from Ocean's camp.

Whether "Endless" contains a full track list from "Boys Don't Cry," or is meant to be a standalone bonus, is unknown.

The entire visual album is available for streaming on Apple Music.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,105member
    Are they 'Comfy chairs'?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    I think it's pretty lame that even if you spend more than $9.99/month on iTunes and don't subscribe to Apple Music, you can't view/listen to this.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Who the hell is Frank Ocean? 
    anantksundarammobius
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Plays with that other guy, Earnest Puddle. Big group in Waterville
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I think it's pretty lame that even if you spend more than $9.99/month on iTunes and don't subscribe to Apple Music, you can't view/listen to this.

I think it's pretty lame that I spend more than £30/month on petrol and the forecourt manager won't let me use his car. 
    baconstang
  • Reply 6 of 8
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Never heard of him and I'm OK with that.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    What is the point of this post ?  You don't know him so he's unimportant, or your working on increasing that post count ?   ;)
    baconstang
  • Reply 8 of 8
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    jcs2305 said:
    What is the point of this post ?  You don't know him so he's unimportant, or your working on increasing that post count ?   ;)
    What was the point of your post?