FCC supports the Entertainment Industries Insanity

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.nandotimes.com/technology/story/503161p-4009837c.html"; target="_blank">Shall I vomit now? </a>

[quote] Mr. Valenti believes consumers should still be able to record copies of films from television onto VHS and DVD formats. He is primarily concerned with consumers making additional copies of films, even if just for a neighbor.

"It is not legal to make a copy of a DVD now. Everything people are doing legally today, they'll be able to do legally tomorrow," says Valenti. <hr></blockquote>

Valenti is a damn liar. There's NOTHING in the DVD spec that say by default DVD's are non recordable. It's a choice given to the Content Providers. I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing the same crap from the Valenti's and Roizens.

I'm glad I don't have cable television. I'm tired of supporting the Parasitic Entertainment Industry. DVD's are fine but the more they block the less I'm going to watch.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I'm getting tired of it too. They're hurting us, the legit consumers, while doing nothing to stop the real pirates. They will always find a way around copy protection schemes. Making it illegal to break through them is only going to help if they do something to alert the police. Hackers aren't all that stupid, they know how to hide.