Watch: Hands-on video with Apple's jet black glossy iPhone 7

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2016
The highly anticipated iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus were unveiled in San Francisco this week, and AppleInsider was there for a hands-on look at the new jet black glossy finish and dual-lens cameras. Here's a quick look and rundown of everything you need to know about the new iPhone, coming Sept. 16.

For more videos like this, subscribe to the official AppleInsider channel on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Just curious is the Jet black more or less slippery than the other models? 
    TurboPGTnolamacguycali
  • Reply 2 of 13
    wow that's ugly 
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Aww. Reminds me of my iPhone 3G from four-fifths of a decade ago. What's old is new again!
    TurboPGTcali
  • Reply 4 of 13
    gfurry said:
    Haven't touched it myself, but I'm positive it will be less slippery, much as the glass itself is less slippery than the anodized aluminum finishes.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    I think it looks great. If it is less slippery, I'll go caseless...else clear case. I'm not worried about potential scratches. Unlike my wife, I tend NOT to drop it all the time ;)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 13
    gfurry said:
    So far most are saying it's either about the same or less slippery.. It's a little subjective, but most are saying they can handle it fine w/o it feeling like it's going to pop out of the hand like the 6 and 6s..

That said, it's probably going to be a fingerprint magnet.
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 7 of 13
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Hmm, I think I'll either get a standard iPhone 7 with this tasty finish or the regular black -- of course caseless. I prefer phones without a protective condom  :D
  • Reply 8 of 13
    The glossy black looks good in official photos etc, but i think in real life it wont be so good. I really want it but i think sense must provail..  Ill get matt black. 
  • Reply 9 of 13
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    I got confused when he said "$769 in the same size" I thought he meant same screen size even after he mentioned the screen. Next time maybe use a word like "same capacity".
  • Reply 10 of 13
    wdowell said:
    The glossy black looks good in official photos etc, but i think in real life it wont be so good. I really want it but i think sense must provail..  Ill get matt black. 

Everything looks better in promotional photos.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Well done video

• Reply 12 of 13
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Hands on .... as in a video of the new phone with hands on it. And a someone more or less reading a spec sheet. Not as in 'here's the new phone and this is what I think of it'. So if you can't read, this is a really useful video.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Hands on is not promotional photo and no, it is not slippery at all. The finish is 100% different from 3G, so do not expect it to feel the same.
    edited September 2016