"Messages Logging" dialog box

Posted:
in iPhone
Upon unlocking my iPhone today I received the message in the attached screenshot.  Can anyone provide any insight on what might be causing it?  I've done some web searches but turned up nothing.  

iOS 10.0.1 on an iPhone 6s.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I have seen this too on my phone. Are you beta testing any apps - I was thinking it might be due to that. 
  • Reply 2 of 4
    No, I've never beta tested any apps.  I did find a reddit thread eventually that theorizes this may happen occasionally when running a VPN and going in and out of cellular coverage.  Do you use a VPN on your device?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    No, I've never beta tested any apps.  I did find a reddit thread eventually that theorizes this may happen occasionally when running a VPN and going in and out of cellular coverage.  Do you use a VPN on your device?
    Yes, I do use OpenVPN, so maybe that's it. Thanks for the Reddit thread pointer. 
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Mine is through OpenVPN as well.  As much as I'd like to see some official documentation detailing the purpose of the box, I'll assume that this is somehow tied to OpenVPN Connect.

Thanks for the response!