First real test with my iBook.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well today was the first day I brought my iBook to school, and it held up great. For the first 3 hours I have works study so it gives me time to do what I have to do for my MCSE teacher and while I am working in my office and my desktop is busy working (it's a win2000 system by the way) I just use my laptop. I ran it though a few tests like how well Networking worked under VPC running Win2kPro and it worked awsome. VPC held it's ground with the desktops VPC didn't hold me back from doing any thing. If I know I'm going to be using VPC for a extended period of time I tend to close every thing out side of VPC and run VPC all to it's self with 128 megs ram and it worked well. Connecting and using the internet though OS 10.2 was great and battery life well lets just say I had 1hr 50mins left after 3 hours of steady use going from VPC and running iTunes streaming Music and other things. On my workstation in class I decided I would put a lovely mac desktop from macdesktops.com. The one I use is . Most of the wintel users in the class get a kick out of it but some get a little pissed and start saying the typical stuff wintel users say. In general most people in my class are pretty acceptent of Apple and the Mac I was really surprised. After today this just proves why I don't regret switching to Mac and why I made the swtich!!!!!!!

EDIT: Sorry for any misspelled words and grammar I typed it up 5 mins before I had to go to work!

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: BrianMacOS ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Thaha!!

Normally the winzoz users are only jealous... Haven't seen anyone yet who wouldn't have liked the ibooks yet
  • Reply 2 of 3
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Yowza, my iBook gets nowhere NEAR that battery life. I'm assuming you had your screen dimmed waaaaaaaay down?

D
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by drewprops:

<strong>Yowza, my iBook gets nowhere NEAR that battery life. I'm assuming you had your screen dimmed waaaaaaaay down?

D</strong><hr></blockquote>

I usually drop it down to 2 or 3 squares, which allows me to still read the text easily. I have never tested it running it on the full brightness.