Apple Pay on the Web payments added to QuickBooks Online service

Posted:
in General Discussion
Intuit's financial management package QuickBooks Online Apple Pay feature has been activated, and will be enabled automatically for future invoices by registered users.

Intuit claims that small businesses who do not use an online payment offering 28 days to get paid, and 64 percent of small businesses have invoices that go unpaid 60 days or more. Services like Apple Pay are said to reduce payment times by 15 days on the average.

Apple Pay compatibility has not as of yet been added to the non software-as-a-service QuickBooks package.

Users presented with an invoice from Quickbooks Online see an Apple Pay button during checkout, and can authorize the transaction via Continuity using Touch ID on their iPhone, or with a currently-worn, unlocked Apple Watch.

QuickBooks Online is supported on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, Safari 6.1, and also accessible via Chrome on Android and Safari on iOS 7 or newer. Packages start at $21 per month.

The Apple Pay platform launched in late 2014 as a service for both point-of-sale tap-to-pay transactions, as well as in-app purchases. It relies on a secure enclave for credit card data found in newer Apple hardware, like the iPhone 6s and Apple Watch, and it relies on a tokenization system that helps to prevent credit card fraud.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Awesome!  Finally.  
    A lot of small businesses use QuickBooks Online.

This must be brand new; I paid my landscaper a week or two ago via QuickBooks Online and I did not see an ApplePay option.
    Looking forward to paying my next bill with ApplePay.
    lolliver
  • Reply 2 of 4
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    I paid my landscaper a week or two ago via QuickBooks Online ...
    QuickBooks Online is really only good for businesses that send one invoice a month to their customers, like your gardener does. 

I send hundreds of invoices to each customer every month, one for each project we do with them. They can't be on the same invoice because they get billed to different regional offices and departments, or come out of different budgets. They pay with check, but they do line items on a single check stub. With QuickBooks Online the customer has to pay each invoice separately one at a time and QB gets a transaction fee for each one.
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 3 of 4
    volcan said:
    I paid my landscaper a week or two ago via QuickBooks Online ...
    QuickBooks Online is really only good for businesses that send one invoice a month to their customers, like your gardener does. 
    But Quickbooks also seems pretty good for paying his gardener's invoices, like applesauce007 does...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    That's nice....

But putting your financial life in the hands of a very hackable QuickBooks server seems a bit too high risk for me.  That is:  If IdentityThieves are willing to pay for your email address and password, how much more would they pay for details of your finances and the keys to your accounts?  That's why health care data has become the most valuable on the blackmarket -- because of its financial value to Identity Thieves.  So consider, wouldn't your actual financial data and the keys to your accounts be worth even more?

Users of cloud based services should approach them with the same caution they should use for taking medications:   Sure they can make things better.   But they often carry very unpleasant side effects.

(And, BTW, I'm not talking about Apple Pay but about the online QuickBooks from a cloud server)
    edited October 2016