Apple updates macOS Sierra to 10.12.1 with Mail, Safari, Photos fixes

Posted:
in macOS edited October 2016
After a month-long beta period, Apple has released the update to macOS Sierra 10.12.1 with iPhone 7 Photos compatibility fixes, Safari security enhancements, and more.

The macOS 10.12.1 update adds an automatic smart album in Photos for Depth Effect images from the iPhone 7 Plus, improves Microsoft Office compatibility with iCloud Desktop and Documents, fixes some Mail issues related to Microsoft Exchange, rectifies an issue with incorrect paste text with Universal Clipboard, improves Auto Unlock functionality with Apple Watch, and improves stability and security in Safari.

The macOS release is expected to be pre-installed on any new Macs released at Thursday's "Hello again" event. At this time, it is thought that only the MacBook Pro and MacBook/MacBook Air lines will be refreshed.

The patch is approximately 584 MB, and available through Software Update. Apple's iOS 10 and tvOS were updated on Monday as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    Personally, it feels like Safari is snappier.

/s
    fastasleepbrian greenlostkiwi
  • Reply 2 of 15
    and still the birthday bug

via Siri 1 day to early 
  • Reply 3 of 15
    xsmixsmi Posts: 139member
    I Safari still reloading pages?
  • Reply 4 of 15
    gavzagavza Posts: 19member
    Does anyone know whether Faces tagged in Photos will sync to the cloud and other devices? iOS 10.1 says it now does this, but I'm hesitant to update to Sierra on my Mac if I lose all the tagging I've already done, and have no way to sync any new tags I make to the cloud.
    brian green
  • Reply 5 of 15
    gavza said:
    Does anyone know whether Faces tagged in Photos will sync to the cloud and other devices? iOS 10.1 says it now does this, but I'm hesitant to update to Sierra on my Mac if I lose all the tagging I've already done, and have no way to sync any new tags I make to the cloud.
    works indeed:)
    gavzabrian green
  • Reply 6 of 15
    gavzagavza Posts: 19member
    gavza said:
    works indeed:)
    Awesome! Thank you!
    brian green
  • Reply 7 of 15
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member
    much smoother than betas
  • Reply 8 of 15

via Siri 1 day to early 

What does this mean?  Siri says happy birthday a day before your birthday?
  • Reply 9 of 15

via Siri 1 day to early 

according to address book birthday is xx when you ask siri when is the birthday answer xx-1
  • Reply 10 of 15

via Siri 1 day to early 

according to address book birthday is xx when you ask siri when is the birthday answer xx-1
    I don't have this bug.  All my birthdays come back correct from Siri.
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 11 of 15
    odd i have this on multiple macbooks
  • Reply 12 of 15
    odd i have this on multiple macbooks
    Check your Alerts settings under Calendar Preferences. Usually defaults to 1 day before. But if you did that already, I don't know.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    ...the upgrade / clean install download appears to still be listed as v10.12.0... ?  Is this correct ?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-sierra/id1127487414?mt=12&l=en-us
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 14 of 15
    ...does it make sense a 10.12.1 clean install is being held back due to revealing code before the product launch...?

• Reply 15 of 15
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member
    For anybody that cares this version is much better.  Running older imac with ssd and 8gb ram. Faster with reduced motion on.  Seems on par or better than el cap with less storage used and higher geek bench score.  Scrolling and mouse better also.