Questions to new MacBook Pro owners

Posted:
in Genius Bar
I'm looking into buying a new laptop, upgrading my MacBook Air to something better. I was wondering if new MacBook Pro owners could perhaps answer the following questions?

1. Does the Touch Bar makes sense?
From the film clips it looks great, but when trying to picture it for real world use it doesn't make sense to me yet. When I'm typing on my laptop keyboard, I'm looking at my screen, not my keyboard. I rely on keyboard shortcuts and tactile feedback from the keyboard. I fear that the touch bar makes me look to the keyboard and back to the screen again, losing my "flow". How useful is it really? Is this innovation in the wrong place? (E.g why not make the screen touch sensitive and place the 'strip' at the bottom of the monitor?)

2. Did the keyboard improve?
I absolute hate the MacBook keyboard. The keyboard feels really bad, there's no 'travel' and I end up making typing errors. However I understand Apple's decision for a super lightweight and thin laptop. However with the Pro, I wonder what the tying experience is, since the keyboard isn't necessarily required to have on a pro device.

3. Do you miss MagSafe?
I tripped and disconnected the MacBook Air cable in 2 occasions. Does USB-C let go easily?

Thanks! 

Comments