The Wondrous World of Yahoo! (Web compatibility)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just spent the last hour wasting my life away playing <a href="http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/tx.html"; target="_blank">Text Twist</a> over at Yahoo! On my iBook. Running OS X. So it was quite a surprise to scroll down the page and find out this was, in fact, impossible.

[quote]<strong>Note: Text Twist is not compatible with Unix or Macintosh computers.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I noticed the same thing while playing the (no less addictive) Collapse at Yahoo Games.

Oh well...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Belle:

<strong>I just spent the last hour wasting my life away playing <a href="http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/tx.html"; target="_blank">Text Twist</a> over at Yahoo! On my iBook. Running OS X. So it was quite a surprise to scroll down the page and find out this was, in fact, impossible.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Damn you, Belle!!! As if I don't waste enough time on the internet already.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    That ( Text Twist ) is my favorite of all shockwave based internet games. I can play it for hours at a time. I am not very good though. My highest score is only 14,600. I am a math/science guy not english/spelling/vocab. But I still play like crazy. I even downloaded the non internet version for my work PC. It is pretty good too with longer words but you have to pay if you want to play more than 10 times.

I too was sad to know it won't play on macs. Silly me, I actually took there word for it and didn't even try.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>Damn you, Belle!!! As if I don't waste enough time on the internet already. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't even get me started. I'm planning on tearing a new hole for whoever it was posted that Snood is now available for OS X.