New Chinese cybersecurity law will force Apple to keep data on local servers, aid gov't. searches

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    bulk001 said:
    Apple has never been opposed to following the laws in the US. This is nonsense that was put out there by extremists and probably Android fans. Apple legally had a right to challenge a lower court ruling and was prepared to keep that challenge till either the Supreme Court ruled on it or Congress passed a law forcing them to turn over these data. If China passes a law compelling them to do this, I suspect that they will find a way to do so for China. If the US passes a law to do or if the SC states that they must then I am sure they will do so as well. 
    I don't think many have said they opposed following laws, they have just been obstructive when it comes to assisting govt. entities.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    bulk001bulk001 Posts: 764member
    securtis said:
    bulk001 said:
    Apple has never been opposed to following the laws in the US. This is nonsense that was put out there by extremists and probably Android fans. Apple legally had a right to challenge a lower court ruling and was prepared to keep that challenge till either the Supreme Court ruled on it or Congress passed a law forcing them to turn over these data. If China passes a law compelling them to do this, I suspect that they will find a way to do so for China. If the US passes a law to do or if the SC states that they must then I am sure they will do so as well. 
    I don't think many have said they opposed following laws, they have just been obstructive when it comes to assisting govt. entities.
    They fail to realize that exercising your Constitutional rights as provided by law is not obstructing anything.