future of lightning adapter with mobile, iMac updates

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware
Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but in deciding whether to remain with Apple in personal use, I'm wondering if Apple plans to remain using the lightning adapter for its iPhones and iPads over the next year. I have an iPhone 6+, an iPad Air 2, and a 30-month old iMac that I may need to upgrade in a year or so. With regard to the iOS devices, I would prefer not to invest in an iPhone 8 and/or an iPad whatever next year if they come with lightning ports, only to find USB-C ports the next year.

A bit unrelated, but I would also like to replace my iMac desktop next year, but don't want to do so if the hardware spec's aren't significantly upgraded, at at a reasonable price point.  I'm hoping SSD storage and RAM upgrades will come down enough to allow both upgrading and staying financially above water.  My current iMac has 8 GB RAM and a 1 TB HDD, so would like to preferably double each of those and switch to SSD. Any rumors about iMac announcements coming up?  Oh, and I am also curious about the future iMac ports, such as USB-C. Thanks, and apologies if this is old hat.  If so, I'd appreciate links to relevant discussions.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    LezapLezap Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I am in the same situation : would like to update my old Mac and the current range does not meet the switching cost.