remote control for computer??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've been pretty quiet since getting my dual 867!

I hooked up a Formac studio/dvtv, and now can watch television on my 17inch apple flat screen! It's pretty cool.

Since I'm having so much fun watching tv and importing all my CDs into iTunes, I was wondering:

Is there any sort of USB remote control out there that you can use to operate the computer. i.e., can you remotely power down the system, or operate simple play, reverse, skip functions in iTunes? I know, you're all thinking I'm a lazy bastard, can't walk over to the damn computer to press a button! But it would be really cool if I could watch tv or listen to iTunes in bed and then shut down the system via remote control. Any gadgets out there?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Keyspan's got one. It's called the Digital Media Remote or something like that. I've got one. You can't turn on the computer with it but it works in most apps. I usually use it for iTunes, DVD Player and when I get lazy sometimes to send IMs on AIM.

Here's the link: <a href="http://keyspan.com/products/usb/remote/"; target="_blank">Keyspan Digital Media Remote</a>

[ 09-18-2002: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Keyspan's got one. It's called the Digital Media Remote or something like that. I've got one. You can't turn on the computer with it but it works in most apps. I usually use it for iTunes, DVD Player and when I get lazy sometimes to send IMs on AIM.

Here's the link: <a href="http://keyspan.com/products/usb/remote/"; target="_blank">Keyspan Digital Media Remote</a>

[ 09-18-2002: Message edited by: EmAn ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Too bad you can't power down the computer from the remote. Perhaps I'll just get a reeeeeeeaaaallly long mouse, or just a long broom stick.

• Reply 3 of 3
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    The Keyspan DMR is AWESOME. Bought it for a few friends as birthday gifts. They use it to watch DVDs, listen to music in living room.

Hmmm... shutting down? Well, you can create custom keystrokes and if there is one for shutting down, you could assign it.

DMR works with all Windows too