Mophie launches Juice Pack Air cases for iPhone 7 & 7 Plus

Posted:
in iPhone
Mophie on Tuesday released versions of the Juice Pack Air for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, in fact its first dedicated battery cases for Apple's current flagships.

The iPhone 7 case -- with a 2,525 milliamp-hour battery -- is said to extend life up to 27 hours, while the 7 Plus model pushes that to 33, despite having a slightly smaller 2,420 milliamp-hour supply. Both products incorporate Mophie's "Charge Force" wireless charging technology, which should work with first- and third-party bases.

The cases use speaker ports for redirecting audio, and indicator lights on the back to show battery levels.

Five colors are available, namely black, blue, gold, rose gold, and a special (RED) option which sends some proceeds to the Global Fund to fight AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis. While black cases are shipping within days, however, some other colors may take as long as 4 to 5 weeks, particularly for the 7 Plus.

Each case is available from Mophie's website for $99.95.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Their marketing video is annoying. I simply want a clear look at the case and charger. Jaysus. All this wait for a Lightning battery case from Mophie and they give us same again with wireless smtn smtn. The good thing about Lightning in Apple's is you can charging using anyone's iPhone charger.
    edited December 2016
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    These are a complete fail for anyone using wired headphones. How can they be made for the iPhone 7 when they don't have a female Lightning port to connect to Lightning headphones, or a 3.5mm jack otherwise built into them?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    where can I see the bottom of the case, Mophie? I need to know how to plug in my (lightning or 3.5mm) headphones before I'll buy this thing. If it doesn't have either port, it'd be like a house with NO exterior doors...
    edited December 2016
  • Reply 4 of 6
    at first I thought with no battery integration in notification center like apples battery case no one would want this but if it has a headphone jack wow they could be on to a winner!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    r00fus1 said:
    where can I see the bottom of the case, Mophie? I need to know how to plug in my (lightning or 3.5mm) headphones before I'll buy this thing. If it doesn't have either port, it'd be like a house with NO exterior doors...
    It uses a micro-USB plug like all Mophies.
    peterhart
  • Reply 6 of 6
    IN THE BOX juice pack air battery case, quick start guide, USB A to USB micro B cable