Adorama custom 2016 macbook pro touch bar order

Posted:
in General Discussion
Has anybody had any luck ordering a 15" macbook pro from Adorama using the APINSIDER code? I ordered mine almost as soon as the deal became available in mid-November and my custom order still has not shipped. Adorama claims they have no ETA still. It's pretty weird considering Apple has been claiming a 2-3 week wait time on custom orders since the last week of November.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I'm in the same boat . . . ordered a month ago and still no word. Note the end of the world as I have 2013 model that is doing fine, but my poor spouse (who will inherit my 2013) is presently using a 2009 model that is on its last legs.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    It's frustrating because of the lack of transparency. I mean I could see Apple prioritizing their orders ahead of resellers, but why wouldn't Apple give the resellers an ETA?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Did anybody's custom order 15" MacBook Pro ship yet from Adorama?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    For those of you who did order 15" models and are still waiting. B&H has many custom configurations of the 2016 model in stock. I canceled my Adorama order after b&h price matched the current best price including the APINSIDER coupon code. I ended up paying $10 more than my original price as the current Adorama price is a bit higher than what I paid back in mid November. But it's worth it just to have the laptop finally shipped.
    Weasel
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I've also placed my order with B&H and canceled my Adorama order. I had to spend a few minutes on the phone, but they matched Adorama's price exactly. My laptop should be here by January 4th at the latest. I suppose I should thank Adorama for giving me the leverage to get a better deal from B&H.