Clarion NX807 car audio head unit launched, with Apple CarPlay support

Posted:
in iPhone
At the Consumer Electronics Show, Clarion Corporation has revealed the NX807, a double-DIN in-dash 7-inch multimedia source unit, boasting Apple CarPlay support.

The NX807 has a 7-inch WVGA touchscreen, support for Pandora and Bluetooth music streaming, and smartphone screen mirroring through HDMI. The new head unit also offers audiophiles a 15-band graphic equalizer, 96kHz/24-bit high-resolution playback of FLAC audio files, and a TOSLINK digital audio output.

Clarion's NX807 also features source-independent gain and equalizing functions, an amplifier that delivers 50 watts on four channels, and two-zones of audio delivery allowing for rear seat passengers to enjoy a separate media source than the front seat passengers.

Connectivity is provided by HDMI input, two USB inputs, RCA input, and connections for a rear-view camera. The system is compatible with OEM steering wheel remote controls.

The system is also compatible with Clarion's own component system, that maintains a digital audio signal from the source until it reaches the speakers' voice coils. The NX807 is Clarion's first CarPlay system.

THe NX807 will be available in the first quarter of 2017. Pricing is not yet known.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    I'll give this one a shot. I've tried Alpine, Pioneer and Kenwood so far. I feel that Pioneer has had the best CarPlay implementation so far. I've always had a spot in my heart for Clarion. Hopefully it isn't a buggy mess like Kenwood's first version was.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Since there's no mention, I assume no wireless connections announced by anybody.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    anyone know why car play screen are always only VGA?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    crofford said:
    Since there's no mention, I assume no wireless connections announced by anybody.
    Alpine iLX-107 was announced with wireless... for $900...