Apple MacBook Pro saves man from bullet in Florida airport shooting

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    Apple's new tag line:

"Macs may cost a little more, but they're built for life."
  • Reply 42 of 45
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I’m not sure where to post this, but that’s only because I’ve never cared about the back end of encryption and know virtually nothing about it: Apparently OpenSSL has been cracked?

https://archive.fo/5Vbc9
  • Reply 43 of 45
    redefiler said:
    Just waiting now for the idiotic statements saying that more guns would have prevented this.

The rest of the world just looks in total bemusement at why Americans still think it's safe for guns to be so common and easily accessible. But then if the country didn't learn from mass shootings in schools, they never will. 
    Oh cool, because I was waiting for some simpleton to bring up the same old ignorant, quivering gun fears.  Might want to read up on how well French (or even California) gun laws have helped with preventing shootings and terror.  Not even waiting for the bodies to cool, before 'firing up' your political agenda, stay classy Timmy.

But we get it, you're a wimp and you just keep on waving that little yellow flag, tiger.
    Welcome to today's debate.

Arguing on behalf of firearms is the angry, insulting guy who thinks anyone who disagrees with him is a wimp. What makes it particularly poignant is that he won't see the irony.

For what little it's worth, my condolences to the friends and family of the victims. Also sympathy for the wounded, some of whom may suffer consequences of their injuries for the rest of their lives.
    I have a little phobia about knives, even around kitchen I'm very apprehensive and handle them with extreme trepidation.  But I don't go around talking about banning them every time somebody gets stabbed.   My fears are not a good excuse for forcing my wishes on others.  When people do that with guns, they are just wimps.

The debate is over.  Any shop with modest machining tools can make bullets and AK-47s. The plans are everywhere and it's ease of manufacture has been well known across the third world since 1949.  There are millions of capable large and small machining shops in this country alone.  With 3D printed gun designs also all over the internet, these aren't going away any time soon.   You are going to have to find a better way to deal with your phobias.
    edited January 2017
  • Reply 44 of 45
    I don't think the cheap $200 plastic Dell laptops would have fared very well with that kind of impact. I always thought macs were way overpriced but not anymore!
  • Reply 45 of 45
    k2kw said:
    Lucky guy.

My heart breaks that today was the last day that those 5 others got to enjoy. :'( 
    I say unlucky guy.   Now he'll probably be forced to buy on of the newer MacBookPros.   Don't expect that thinner lighter laptop to stop all the bullets as the old could.   lol.
    This was a horrifying event worthy of everyone's respect. Ft. Lauderdale is my nearest airport so it's particularly disturbing to me, but wherever you are, this is not a time for joking or "lol."