First look: iOS 10.3 beta's 'Find My AirPods' feature

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2017
AppleInsider takes a look at the new AirPods tracking tool integrated into the Find My iPhone app, a feature set to launch with iOS 10.3 later this year.

For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

We're also interested in your questions! If you want to know anything about AirPods or the latest iOS 10.3 beta, chime in on our forums and we'll address it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Cool feature. My DISH remote has the same type thing (except louder) and I use regularly when remote is lost in or around bed in MBR.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,911member
    The ability to play a sound is a huge plus. Probably wouldn't work too well outside, but there's not much you could do there. Does anyone know what happens to to battery life when an AirPod is left outside of the case? I'm just thinking of the case where you accidentally leave one behind and come back more than 5 hours later to find it. 

I know Apple was pushing a bit to get the AirPods out, but if they had released or announced this feature when they released the AirPods it would have done a lot to silence the 'stupid design because you can so easily loose one' comments. 
    edited January 2017
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jeromecjeromec Posts: 190member
    My favorite iOS 10.3 beta features are "my Airpods do not disconnect during calls anymore" and "music now almost never skips when I listen to it on my Airpods" :-)
    mobius